Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Decrease - USBank FlexPerks Select Rewards

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Decrease - USBank FlexPerks Select Rewards

Op- USuck Bank told me i had a 619. Thats ridiculous. One week later when i called UW and tried to do what you did with no luck of course, after a coerced HP , my tu 04 was 686,
There is something definitely wrong

I wrote letter to Them regarding this mess, and it comes up on TU as being disputed. I didnt send letter to tu? Idk, we'll see what happens.
Message 41 of 47
8in2years
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear that about US Bank. They are very tough.
Message 42 of 47
NRB525
Super Contributor

@racer-x wrote:
Op- USuck Bank told me i had a 619. Thats ridiculous. One week later when i called UW and tried to do what you did with no luck of course, after a coerced HP , my tu 04 was 686,
There is something definitely wrong

I wrote letter to Them regarding this mess, and it comes up on TU as being disputed. I didnt send letter to tu? Idk, we'll see what happens.

You are disputing the issue with US Bank. They report this information to TU, so TU is told by US Bank "This borrower is disputing this account". It should help you on any manual review by another bank, who looks at 90% utilization, and has some reference point that you may not have maxed this out all by yourself.

Keep working with US Bank. Don't panic Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 43 of 47
racer-x
Valued Contributor

NRB - You're killing me. Smiley Wink  I appreciate the optimism but that bridge has already been burnt to the ground.

I'm not using their cards anymore.  My focus this year is to pay the 2/4 accts that are carrying balances off.  Should only take 6 mos.  And then, I may use them once every 3 mos or so.

I'm a grudge holdin' kinda guy.  There's enough butt kissers out there. lol

It's their system or practices that seem screwed up compared to others.  A 619 and a week later a 686?  Wouuld I have gotten the computer generated CLD if it had seen a 686?  TU told me on 3 different phone calls that I've never had a 619 as far as they could see and they didn't send USuck a 619 score.

If you have to abide by their set of standards, but you don't know what those standards are, then it's tough to do business with them.

Utiliz is 82% now, end of month it'll be less than 70% on that one acct....14% overall now I think.

Message 44 of 47
NRB525
Super Contributor

Building credit is a long term journey. Open accounts, with active payment, is your best bet to maintain that relationship, as time passes.

The recent new cards I've gotten from Chase, the CLI from BofA, and the indications from Citi are all significant positives for me, after a long sequence of issues with these three lenders. You will be able to get to that point with US Bank also. It may take a while, but eventually you'll get there.

May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
Message 45 of 47
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Building credit is a long term journey. Open accounts, with active payment, is your best bet to maintain that relationship, as time passes.

The recent new cards I've gotten from Chase, the CLI from BofA, and the indications from Citi are all significant positives for me, after a long sequence of issues with these three lenders. You will be able to get to that point with US Bank also. It may take a while, but eventually you'll get there.

The only problem with that  is I don't want to get anywhere with them.  I want to pay them, and rid myself of my obligation to them.

They will continue to be helpful with my utilization and that's it.

I obviously feel slighted by them.  They are my main bank.  $100k direct deposti?  4 CC accts with them?  Pfft...That's why I'm bent.  Even though, Chase/Disover started the AA/CLD actions, I'll continue to use them, albeit less than before, but I'm not as hateful toward them.  I also have high regards for BoA since they actually took the time to call me first to ask about my ramped up credit usage, and after speaking with them, they left my 2 revolvers alone which were at 0% and 20% Utiliz.

Discover CS was ok, although they couldn't help me other than doing a mid cycle report to the CRA's.

I haven't talked to Chase about their AA, no intentions to do so...just leave it alone and silently prove myself.

USuck Bank - no further comment. lol

Message 46 of 47
NRB525
Super Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

The only problem with that  is I don't want to get anywhere with them.  I want to pay them, and rid myself of my obligation to them.

They will continue to be helpful with my utilization and that's it.

I obviously feel slighted by them.  They are my main bank.  $100k direct deposti?  4 CC accts with them?  Pfft...That's why I'm bent.  Even though, Chase/Disover started the AA/CLD actions, I'll continue to use them, albeit less than before, but I'm not as hateful toward them.  I also have high regards for BoA since they actually took the time to call me first to ask about my ramped up credit usage, and after speaking with them, they left my 2 revolvers alone which were at 0% and 20% Utiliz.

Discover CS was ok, although they couldn't help me other than doing a mid cycle report to the CRA's.

I haven't talked to Chase about their AA, no intentions to do so...just leave it alone and silently prove myself.

USuck Bank - no further comment. lol

And that is your choice to make. Many of the threads on this forum, however, get wound up about hating on a particular lender, and that gets new readers scared of even walking into a branch. I'm only trying to provide a perspective that these banks are big businesses. Some people are getting decent service from them somewhere. This is one blip in your credit journey. Not a fun blip, to be sure, but this too shall pass.

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.