Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Help!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Limit Help!!!!

I am trying to bring my fico score up. Have a secured card with a $500 limit. Will it help if I increase the credit limit? The balance is very low, but fico always says "available credit too low."

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Help!!!!

It may, but more importantly, keep your utilization under 10% ($50).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

It will help a little by lowering utilization reported.  IMO, It can help get better limits on future credit.   

If that is your only CC, you may consider getting another secured card.   That will help in the future, not the short term.  

Message 3 of 4
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

It will help a little by lowering utilization reported.  IMO, It can help get better limits on future credit.   

If that is your only CC, you may consider getting another secured card.   That will help in the future, not the short term.  

+1 to Wolf3.  A second card will help utilization, but it also helps by giving you a second revolving line of credit.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.