New Visitor
mac_1182

Credit Limit Help!!!!

I am trying to bring my fico score up. Have a secured card with a $500 limit. Will it help if I increase the credit limit? The balance is very low, but fico always says "available credit too low."

Valued Contributor
smc733

Re: Credit Limit Help!!!!

It may, but more importantly, keep your utilization under 10% ($50).

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

It will help a little by lowering utilization reported.  IMO, It can help get better limits on future credit.   

If that is your only CC, you may consider getting another secured card.   That will help in the future, not the short term.  

Valued Contributor
smc733

Wolf3 wrote:

It will help a little by lowering utilization reported.  IMO, It can help get better limits on future credit.   

If that is your only CC, you may consider getting another secured card.   That will help in the future, not the short term.  

+1 to Wolf3.  A second card will help utilization, but it also helps by giving you a second revolving line of credit.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+