Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase Link from Citi Appeared Today

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Luv button from Citi Appeared Today

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
The general rule with Citi is that if you press the "Luv Button" and get a form to complete or if you call in and ask for a CLI it's going to be a hard INQ. If you get an auto-CLI or press the "Luv Button" and do not get a form it will be a soft or no INQ.

Why would the luv button appear if I'm not yet eligible for a CLI?  Has this happen to others? Do I try again after my statement generates on the 10th

I been talking about and waiting on the luv button since July.  Now that it appeared....it's useless!Smiley Mad

Message 11 of 39
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

I think it's got to be a timing thing, DI.  Don't put too much importance on the reason they gave you, as we all know from the CLD and account closure massacres with some banks, the reasons given to customers were mostly BS.

Look at the luv button as an opportunity to check your eligibility for a CLI, not as a CLI request.  The button is still there for you, you've lost nothing.  All it's saying, really, is "Check back later...you're not eligible...yet."

It'll be saying "Congratulations" for you soon enough, I'm sure.  Give it another statement period and check again.

Everybody here knows you're good to go, don't let this little button convince you otherwise, OK?   OK, then.

Message 12 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

I think it's got to be a timing thing, DI.  Don't put too much importance on the reason they gave you, as we all know from the CLD and account closure massacres with some banks, the reasons given to customers were mostly BS.

Look at the luv button as an opportunity to check your eligibility for a CLI, not as a CLI request.  The button is still there for you, you've lost nothing.  All it's saying, really, is "Check back later...you're not eligible...yet."

It'll be saying "Congratulations" for you soon enough, I'm sure.  Give it another statement period and check again.

Everybody here knows you're good to go, don't let this little button convince you otherwise, OK?   OK, then.

Thanks!

Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would the luv button appear if I'm not yet eligible for a CLI?  Has this happen to others? Do I try again after my statement generates on the 10th

Yes that happened to me, The evil little luv button appeared for my Diamond Prefered card several months ago,, I finally hit it back in October and was denied for too many new accounts,,  I also didn't realize filling out the form results in a HARD INQ at the time, now I do,,

I also hit the luv button  after I made my 0%for 12-mo purchase just to see what would happen,,  DENIED 'cause I hadn't paid down the balance enough, but at least it wasn't a hard inq,

Message 14 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes that happened to me, The evil little luv button appeared for my Diamond Prefered card several months ago,, I finally hit it back in October and was denied for too many new accounts,,  I also didn't realize filling out the form results in a HARD INQ at the time, now I do,,

I also hit the luv button  after I made my 0%for 12-mo purchase just to see what would happen,,  DENIED 'cause I hadn't paid down the balance enough, but at least it wasn't a hard inq,

I never got the form.  I hit submit and was instantly denied.  The button still appears today.  

Message 15 of 39
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@DI wrote:

The general rule with Citi is that if you press the "Luv Button" and get a form to complete or if you call in and ask for a CLI it's going to be a hard INQ. If you get an auto-CLI or press the "Luv Button" and do not get a form it will be a soft or no INQ.

I been talking about and waiting on the luv button since July.  Now that it appeared....it's useless!Smiley Mad

Did it say it on it that it was the luv button?

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 16 of 39
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

The presence of a "Luv Button" indicates that you will be considered for a CLI, not an indication that you will be approved for a CLI.

Message 17 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

Karatz

Luv button is just a name used by FICO members.  'Request Line of Credit Increase' is what actually appears.   Learn something new everyday huh?

Message 18 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

This is the message that I immediately received:

We regret that we cannot approve your request for a Credit Line Increase at this time. Your request was processed by the credit record we have on file, as well as a credit scoring system, which assigns a numerical value to various items on your credit card account(s). Your credit score did not meet our requirements, because:

Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-347-4934 to check on the status of your request. From outside the U.S., call 605-335-2222.

Maybe I'm not charging enough on the card. 

Message 19 of 39
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It could be too soon, too.

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.