Credit Limit Increase Link from Citi Appeared Today

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Luv button from Citi Appeared Today

@smallfry wrote:

@DI wrote:

This is the message that I immediately received:

We regret that we cannot approve your request for a Credit Line Increase at this time. Your request was processed by the credit record we have on file, as well as a credit scoring system, which assigns a numerical value to various items on your credit card account(s). Your credit score did not meet our requirements, because:

Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-347-4934 to check on the status of your request. From outside the U.S., call 605-335-2222.

Maybe I'm not charging enough on the card. 

Might be. Citi likes to see a lot of usage. Don't get discouraged but don't expect a CLI unless you use the card. IF you haven't used the card much then do you really need a higher credit limit? Opened a lot of accounts within the past year? Judging by your scores Citi obviously cannot be using your FICO so their internal model won't approve you yet. So in short I would use the card or be prepared to wait some time for another 1000-1400 in additional available on this card.

If Citi used the same report on file that got me approved for a $4000 CL, I'm not understanding why it's not high enough for a CLI.  Their reason for not granting an increase is bogus.  

Message Edited by DI on 12-02-2009 10:48 PM
Message 31 of 39
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

@DI wrote:

This is the message that I immediately received:

We regret that we cannot approve your request for a Credit Line Increase at this time. Your request was processed by the credit record we have on file, as well as a credit scoring system, which assigns a numerical value to various items on your credit card account(s). Your credit score did not meet our requirements, because:

Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-347-4934 to check on the status of your request. From outside the U.S., call 605-335-2222.

Maybe I'm not charging enough on the card. 

Might be. Citi likes to see a lot of usage. Don't get discouraged but don't expect a CLI unless you use the card. IF you haven't used the card much then do you really need a higher credit limit? Opened a lot of accounts within the past year? Judging by your scores Citi obviously cannot be using your FICO so their internal model won't approve you yet. So in short I would use the card or be prepared to wait some time for another 1000-1400 in additional available on this card.

If Citi used the same report on file that got me approved for a $4000 CL, I'm not understanding why it's not high enough for a CLI.  Their reason for not granting an increase is bogus.  

Message Edited by DI on 12-02-2009 10:48 PM

Citi used the same report but it seems they used their own internal scoring system for your CLI request. Just use the card more. That's why I blew out my bs lines. I couldn't use all the cards I had so I closed all but the ones I really wanted to keep. With 4 cards and my trusty Walmart plastic everybody gets plenty of usage and I have enough choice to keep a few zero balances every month. I don't miss any of 'em.

Message 32 of 39
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

DI wrote:

Karatz

Luv button is just a name used by FICO members.  'Request Line of Credit Increase' is what actually appears.   Learn something new everyday huh?

LOL, I was just checking. Mine doesn't say "Luv" button on it, but I call mine "Luv" button cause it's giving me "Luv" each time. Just was wondering what yours said (LOL) and where you were getting calling it "Luv" button from for yours, since obviously, it isn't giving you that much "Luv". Maybe yours is called the "Hard Luv" button? Hmm, but that would also imply a hard pull? Maybe "Tuff Love" button? -if you don't qualify, or you have enough already LOL

I learned a new word last night at work, well, a new phrase -Hush Hush Honey. It comes with good or bad connotations, mine luckily being the first. When I push the "Luv" button, sometimes it frustrates me too. On the other hand, I know the "Luv" IS there and continues to stay visible, so I just wait a couple days and push it again. Wouldn't it be nice if a credit card was as predictable and readable?

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 33 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Karatz wrote:

DI wrote:

Karatz

Luv button is just a name used by FICO members.  'Request Line of Credit Increase' is what actually appears.   Learn something new everyday huh?

LOL, I was just checking. Mine doesn't say "Luv" button on it, but I call mine "Luv" button cause it's giving me "Luv" each time. Just was wondering what yours said (LOL) and where you were getting calling it "Luv" button from for yours, since obviously, it isn't giving you that much "Luv". Maybe yours is called the "Hard Luv" button? Hmm, but that would also imply a hard pull? Maybe "Tuff Love" button? -if you don't qualify, or you have enough already LOL

I learned a new word last night at work, well, a new phrase -Hush Hush Honey. It comes with good or bad connotations, mine luckily being the first. When I push the "Luv" button, sometimes it frustrates me too. On the other hand, I know the "Luv" IS there and continues to stay visible, so I just wait a couple days and push it again. Wouldn't it be nice if a credit card was as predictable and readable?

Congratulations!

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Karatz wrote:

DI wrote:

Karatz

Ok so will you share with the rest of us?  What does it mean?

Message 35 of 39
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

DI wrote:

Karatz

I seriously hope it has nothing to do with the "DL".

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

DI wrote:

Karatz

I seriously hope it has nothing to do with the "DL".

I don't know what "DL" is either but maybe I shouldn't have asked!  LOL

Message 37 of 39
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Don't ask.
Message 38 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

DI wrote:

Karatz

It' a conspiracy.  Smiley Mad

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.