Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase Link from Citi Appeared Today

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Credit Limit Increase Link from Citi Appeared Today

I opened my Platinum Select card July 2009.  I pushed the luv button and was immediately denied an increase.  There was no form to fill out.  The message I received was my credit score isn't high enough and they used the credit report on file.  I checked my EQ report and there was no inquiries.  If Citi used to same report on file to approve me for $4000, I'm not undestanding why my score isn't high enough for an increase.  

Did I press the luv button too soon?  Should I retry after my statement generates after the 10th? 

Message Edited by DI on 12-01-2009 07:39 AM
Message Edited by DI on 12-01-2009 05:01 PM
Message Edited by DI on 12-04-2009 08:49 PM
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Luv botton from Citi Appeared Today

DI, do you have a balance on that card?

I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but I make it a point not to ask for any CLI on any card if I currently carry a balance. YMMV. 

Message 2 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

I have a $43.00 balance that I want to report to the CRA's
Message 3 of 39
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Doesn't seem like that would make a difference, for that small of an amount.

I'm trying to remember this, so don't take it as gospel by any means.

I don't think I even saw a luv botton on a Citi account of mine 'til I had the card for nine months.  The flip side of that is that it may have been there (in a drop-down from the tools menu), but I wasn't looking for it.   I only noticed a luv button when it showed up to the right of the account information (balance, CL, etc.), in the section where they usually put special offers (BT's and such).  And I didn't press that button for probably another two months after I first saw it, so I have no clue what may have happened if I did.

Doesn't help you much, I know, but that's the best I can do.

Sorry about the turn down, DI, but it may have nothing at all to do with you, personally, if my above info has any bearing on this.  It may be timing.

Edit to add:  After that luv button showed up in the special offers section, it never appeared in that section since...just that one and only time.  I'm thinking that maybe they don't offer luv auto approved until it shows up there, first?  I dunno.   But I have the luv button show up every 90 days, like clockwork, from the tools drop-down menu.  Never a problem.

Message Edited by Uborrow-Upay on 12-01-2009 08:14 AM
Message 4 of 39
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Did the button/menu item go away after you used it or is it still there?
Message 5 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Did the button/menu item go away after you used it or is it still there?

No, it's still appears.

Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was there too!

Your credit line can be immediately increased by $1,000.00 for a total new credit line of $3,000.00.

During the evaluation process, a credit bureau report was not pulled.

It disappeared though now.. and I've got what looks like 4 statements posted. I was logged in a few days ago and didnt see it. *shrug*

Happy either way.

Message 7 of 39
wajj
Contributor

It took me three or four tries (forget which), once each month beginning with my 6th month of having the card, before Citi gave me a CLI.  Every previous time they denied me for one reason or another.  Finally, in October, I got the instant CLI notification.  It was only $1K but it did go through without a hard pull.  Now the link is no longer there.  When it shows up again, I'll try again but won't expect instant success Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 39
tralyn05
Valued Member

Re: Luv button from Citi Appeared Today

I just called to speak with a Rep regarding a CLI ...I've had my Hilton Honors card for a year now and never had an increase. I talked to a very rude Lady who told me that they always check credit when a CLi is requested I was like wow I know of people (my aunts) who never get their credit checked when they recieve an increase..Then she goes on about how she's been there for over 20 years and this always happen. hmmm. My attitude and tone was very pleasant and she was still rude--I didn't want her to proceed so I'm gonna ride with what I have.
Message 9 of 39
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Luv button from Citi Appeared Today

The general rule with Citi is that if you press the "Luv Button" and get a form to complete or if you call in and ask for a CLI it's going to be a hard INQ. If you get an auto-CLI or press the "Luv Button" and do not get a form it will be a soft or no INQ.
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.