Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase Link from Citi Appeared Today

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Luv button from Citi Appeared Today

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

It could be too soon, too.

I'll try again after the new statement generates on the 10th. 

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you really need the additional credit now, why not wait until you've had the card for 6 months or, better yet, a year?
Message 22 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Unless you really need the additional credit now, why not wait until you've had the card for 6 months or, better yet, a year?

The card is getting boring to me.  I need a CLI to increase my interest in the card again.  It's been 5 months.   That's just me. 

Message 23 of 39
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The card is getting boring to me.  I need a CLI to increase my interest in the card again.  It's been 5 months.   That's just me. 

I wouldn't be pushing very hard on Citi right now. They are in bad humor these days.

Message 24 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't be pushing very hard on Citi right now. They are in bad humor these days.

I think they're going to put up with my aggression until the teaser rate expires. I definately won't ever call them.  That will sure make the CSR upset if they see I call all the time.  Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 39
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

They see every CLI request you make whether it is phoned in or online.
Message 26 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

I know. I was referring to not calling them in general.  As a former part-time CSR for a utility company, when I looked at the notes and saw that a customer called several times within a week about the same thing, that customer do not get my best personality.  I am sure it's the same way with CSR's at banks.

Message 27 of 39
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

I know. I was referring to not calling them in general.  As a former part-time CSR for a utility company, when I looked at the notes and saw that a customer called several times within a week about the same thing, that customer do not get my best personality.  I am sure it's the same way with CSR's at banks.

I am a professional cruise agent. I make and read notes daily, both manual and system entered. They all matter.

Message 28 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

I am a professional cruise agent. I make and read notes daily, both manual and system entered. They all matter.

Can you book me for the Oasis of the Seas?  Smiley Happy   In the utility business they have customers trying everything in the book(my meter read wrong was a biggie) to get out of paying a high electric bills.  Those customers are already upset when they call.  I remained professional, but I did not give in to their demands.  We had the same people calling every month. 

Message Edited by DI on 12-02-2009 04:00 PM
Message 29 of 39
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

This is the message that I immediately received:

We regret that we cannot approve your request for a Credit Line Increase at this time. Your request was processed by the credit record we have on file, as well as a credit scoring system, which assigns a numerical value to various items on your credit card account(s). Your credit score did not meet our requirements, because:

Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-347-4934 to check on the status of your request. From outside the U.S., call 605-335-2222.

Maybe I'm not charging enough on the card. 

Might be. Citi likes to see a lot of usage. Don't get discouraged but don't expect a CLI unless you use the card. IF you haven't used the card much then do you really need a higher credit limit? Opened a lot of accounts within the past year? Judging by your scores Citi obviously cannot be using your FICO so their internal model won't approve you yet. So in short I would use the card or be prepared to wait some time for another 1000-1400 in additional available on this card.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.