Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase reporting... how long

tag
samint
Established Member

Credit Limit Increase reporting... how long

I just recently had my original CL reinstated on my Discover More credit card. How long does it take for the CL to report?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Phizzle
New Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increase reporting... how long

I received my CLI from them in December, and for some reason they did not report it for January (increase happened before the report); however, I just checked earlier today, and it looks like it has been updated with their February report.

I'd guess it's a YMMV kind of thing, but I have seen similar reports of this type of behavior from them.
Message 2 of 8
dodfire
Valued Contributor

From what I have seen with all of my CLI activitiy they do not report out of cycle just because of the increase. It should update the next regular reporting cycle. Just take a look at your report and see the last time the creditor reported and count on the increase showing up around the same day the following month.

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 8
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Same experience here — no reporting the statement the CLI was received, it reports the following billing cycle.

Message 4 of 8
Bobert22
Contributor

@samint wrote:

I just recently had my original CL reinstated on my Discover More credit card. How long does it take for the CL to report?

It seems Discover tends to skips the next statement period and then post both your current balance and CLI, at least that's what happened to my mother.

If you want Discover to report it ASAP, you can call Customer Service and have them fill out a request for an out of statement Credit Reporting to the beaureas. They will process it 2-3 days and then it usually updates on your credit report within 10 days.

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 5 of 8
samint
Established Member

thanks for the answer guys. just out of curiosity,   what would happen if my current balance exceeds my old credit limit and the limit has not been reported?

i did a couple of balance transfers and it totaled out to more  than my old limit but does not exceed my current limit

Message 6 of 8
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@samint wrote:

thanks for the answer guys. just out of curiosity,   what would happen if my current balance exceeds my old credit limit and the limit has not been reported?

i did a couple of balance transfers and it totaled out to more  than my old limit but does not exceed my current limit

I don't think you have to worry about that. If Discover skips reporting the new limit, they also skip reporting the balance. Once they report, they report both together.

Message 7 of 8
YahComb
Established Contributor

discover doesn't report true high balance-only the highest statement balance (except for some people that are unlucky and they do weird off-cycle updates for no apparent reason)

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.