Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Limit Increase?

So I previously got a limit increase on my double cash card in June but I thought it was in May (mixed dates with my other card). So  I requested a limit increase before the 6 month mark and was rejected, can I still try it this month (the real 6th month)?

I did it on 6/10, do I have to wait until 12/10 or anytime during dec works? 

Side note Smiley Happy requested increase on my chase freedom and got an 8k limit! (from previous 4.5k)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increase?

I would think so, I don't know Citi that well so ill let someone else put in their knowledge.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 4
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Yes, request it at your 6th month mark. Trying early does not reset the clock in my experience. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peteyglad wrote:

Yes, request it at your 6th month mark. Trying early does not reset the clock in my experience. 

Thank you Smiley Happy was able to sucessfully increase my limit today (6months and 1 day lol)

From 3.4k to 4.9k Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.