Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increases-SP's

tag
Griselle
New Contributor

Credit Limit Increases-SP's

Ok, so I decided I would post under one thread the CLI's I've gotten lately since I just got three within the last month or so. (One of which I already posted about)....

Discover decided to give me another 300 auto-luv bump, but has still refused any requests of mine for a SP CLI (Boy are they stingy). That brings my grand total up to *Drum Roll Please* 1,900 dollars :-/...Meanwhile, AMEX's 61 day 3X CLI brought me up to 14K on that card. Anddd I noticed that BOA put the CLI link back on their page, so even though they gave me a 1k Increase last mont (3k to 4k), I decided I would try my luck since my reports are frozen. Today I got a notification that my CLI was increased another 1k (4k to 5k) That means I've been able to double the credit line they gave me 7 months ago. 

And this morning I tried my luck at my Best Buy card even though I've only had it about 3 months...It approved me for an additional 400. Smiley Happy 

Discover- 300

Amex- 9,300

BOA- 1,000

Best Buy- 400

Meaning this month's total CLI's via SP's is 11,000!

Post your SP CLI's below Smiley Happy 

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

In the garden until 06/2014!!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increases-SP's

Congrats.  Nice bumps in cli overall. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 15
Griselle
New Contributor

Thank you ever so kindly Smiley Happy

American Express Blue Sky- 14,000 | BOA 123 Rewards- 12,000 | Chase Freedom- 7,000 | Chase Saphire Preferred- 7,000 | Best Buy Store Card- 2,400 | Discover More- 1,900

Message 3 of 15
eddie84
Valued Contributor

You're welcome.  Myself, I'm still waiting to hit 3 months on my Discover It card and I guess a year on Amex (that's still a long way to go lol).

Message 4 of 15
Griselle
New Contributor

Did Discover start you off with a low limit like me? They gave me 1,200...and it has barely moved in the last year I've had it. But I guess I should give it time. It just seems like every other lendor basically throws money at me lol 

Message 5 of 15
eddie84
Valued Contributor

@Griselle wrote:

It just seems like every other lendor basically throws money at me lol 

And that's a good thing! Smiley Tongue Discover gave me 7.5k to start with so I can't really complain.

Message 6 of 15
tld409
Regular Contributor

For me, I started out at  700 then increased to 1500 (requested increase and soft pull granted) .  I called and requested another increase about 2 weeks ago (approx. 4 months after last increase). I was denied most likely due to high utilization. However; I received an email a week later stating that I was now being granted a cli of $400  because of my excellent credit history- go figure.  This brings me up to 1900.    I will request another limit increase in about a month since this increase was so small plus my overall utilization will be below 9% and the majority of all of my other cards are between 5k and 15k. 

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 7 of 15
vpae
Established Contributor

@Griselle wrote:

Anddd I noticed that BOA put the CLI link back on their page, so even though they gave me a 1k Increase last mont (3k to 4k), I decided I would try my luck since my reports are frozen. Today I got a notification that my CLI was increased another 1k (4k to 5k) That means I've been able to double the credit line they gave me 7 months ago. 

BOA- 1,000

Post your SP CLI's below Smiley Happy 

First off, congrats on the massive CLIS!!

Second, I have a question about your BOA CLI. The BOA CLI online for your was a SP? What did the page say/look like? I'm terrified to click on it. I tried back in Nov and it resulted in a HP.

Here's what I see when I click on CLI online -

"To request an increased line of credit, complete the form and click the "Submit" button.

By clicking the "Submit" button, you authorize us to obtain a copy of your credit report and review your credit and employment histories and any other information that allows us to process your request, service your account and manage our relationship with you."

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 8 of 15
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Congrats.  I'm thinking about getting Discover card after I finish gardening

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 9 of 15
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy MC for me used to be a SP, but the last two times I requested a CLI it was an HP!  Plus, I didn't get a CLI on those two HPs.  I am waiting now until Citibank takes this card over to see how they handle CLIs.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.