Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increases

tag
IsItaGoodSpend
Established Member

Re: Credit Limit Increases

I have a cc from a CU that gives exact increases.

$5000 + 10% = $5500

$5500 + 10% = $6050

$6050 + 15% = $6957.50

Availble line has read like this on statement for two years.

I guess they like precision!

Message 41 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Hey id rather have one that gives exact CLI's then one you have topray just to hope to get one at that!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 42 of 48
missji
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Hey id rather have one that gives exact CLI's then one you have topray just to hope to get one at that!
+1!
Gardening as of June 2020. No activity until January 2023 unless it's an auto CLI.
Starting Scores (6/30/2020): EQ 640 | EX 660 | TU 658
Current Scores (05/22/2021): EQ 678 | EX 714 | TU 689
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only CLI I have ever got has been going from 500 to 750 on my capital one platinum.

I currently have a Discover more 5,500 CL and Chase United Explorer 6,200 Cl and since even with my monthly spending I hit at best 8 or 9% of those combined credit limits I have no need for a CLI on either of those two cards. So I will just sit back and if any come automatically I would be ok with that.

Message 44 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The only CLI I have ever got has been going from 500 to 750 on my capital one platinum.

I currently have a Discover more 5,500 CL and Chase United Explorer 6,200 Cl and since even with my monthly spending I hit at best 8 or 9% of those combined credit limits I have no need for a CLI on either of those two cards. So I will just sit back and if any come automatically I would be ok with that.

Those are some nice CL's as is now, I would wait too for auto's!

How long have you had them?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my Discover for 2 months now and Chase United card for one month. I am hoping I can get through the next few months with no AA from either company. Those plus my Cap 1 card, which I will close once the annual fee is due, are the only cards I have and since I have all I want now I am in the garden for good.

I always read horror stories on here of people getting their accounts closed or CLD if they open up a lot of accounts in a short time, but I am hoping Chase and Discover don't freak out over 2 INQ's and 2 accounts in 2 months. Hopefully as long as I stay below 10 or 15% util at worst, nothing bad will happen.

Message 46 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had my Discover for 2 months now and Chase United card for one month. I am hoping I can get through the next few months with no AA from either company. Those plus my Cap 1 card, which I will close once the annual fee is due, are the only cards I have and since I have all I want now I am in the garden for good.

I always read horror stories on here of people getting their accounts closed or CLD if they open up a lot of accounts in a short time, but I am hoping Chase and Discover don't freak out over 2 INQ's and 2 accounts in 2 months. Hopefully as long as I stay below 10 or 15% util at worst, nothing bad will happen.

Thats usually from Barclays, I wouldn't worry about it if your files are looking good!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice credit scores!
Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.