Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Question

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Credit Limit Question

Does a new lender, in this case-credit card issuer, give out credit limit according to the lowest limit on your credit reports?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Question

Every lender is different

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Not in my experience.

Message 3 of 5
YahComb
Established Contributor

issuer dependent. Will also somewhat depend on your total lines relative to your reported income.

for me

Discover gave me 1K, very early in my history and with 4 cards @ 600, 750, 1000, 1400. They asked if that was "good enough" i argued for 1.5K but they wouldnt move.

Chase-i apped for the Sapphire and Freedom at the same time. got both- the Freedom matched my then highest @ 3K, and i was approved for a 5K sapphire

Us Bank-beat my highest line, then 6K, with 6.5K

Citi-basically gave me the average per line with 4.5K

Barclays-Matched my lowest @ 2.5K

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 4 of 5
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

issuer dependent. Will also somewhat depend on your total lines relative to your reported income.

for me

@discover gave me 1K, very early in my history and with 4 cards @ 600, 750, 1000, 1400. They asked if that was "good enough" i argued for 1.5K but they wouldnt move.

@Anonymous-i apped for the Sapphire and Freedom at the same time. got both- the Freedom matched my then highest @ 3K, and i was approved for a 5K sapphire

Us Bank-beat my highest line, then 6K, with 6.5K

Citi-basically gave me the average per line with 4.5K

@Barclays-Matched my lowest @ 2.5K

+1 just all depends on issuer Smiley Happy

YahComb,

what was your profile when you got approved for the chase CS?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.