Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Recon Question

tag
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

Credit Limit Recon Question

For all my people with some GE experience. Have any of you been successful in getting GE to match your credit limits of other cards you have? For example, my Paypal mastercard was instantly approved at 3k and I was wondering if I would have a shot at getting it reconed to 5k to match some of my other bank credit cards? Same with my Sams's Club Mastercard(1.5k) and Walmart Discover (1.6k) or should I just put them through the 4th statement test?

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Limit Recon Question

@keithbward wrote:

For all my people with some GE experience. Have any of you been successful in getting GE to match your credit limits of other cards you have? For example, my Paypal mastercard was instantly approved at 3k and I was wondering if I would have a shot at getting it reconed to 5k to match some of my other bank credit cards? Same with my Sams's Club Mastercard(1.5k) and Walmart Discover (1.6k) or should I just put them through the 4th statement test?

GE seems to be all about whatever the computer spits out.  Your best bet is to call Credit Solutions, give a number like $25k and they will counter if they can.

Message 2 of 5
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@keithbward wrote:

GE seems to be all about whatever the computer spits out.  Your best bet is to call Credit Solutions, give a number like $25k and they will counter if they can.

+1 call credit solutions and ask for 15-25k they have been flat declining me lately when I ask for really large increases....but who cares? It's a SP.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 5
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

Oh ok I'll do that when the cards get here. Do they just pull your report again?

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 4 of 5
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

They just soft pull it.....it doesn't count as an inquiry or anything...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.