Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit e-mail from Amex?

tag
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Credit Limit e-mail from Amex?

Today I got an e-mail from Amex inviting me to increase the limit on my Blue Cash Preferred by $2k.  I think I'll probably take it, but has anyone else gotten something like this from them?  A bit of history on my account:

01/13 - Approved for $2k

04/13 - Successful 3x CLI to $6k

09/13 - Amex auto CLI to $7k

01/14 - Tried for 3x CLI, received partial CLI to $10k <-- is current limit

I have carried a balance since I first opened the account last year.  I've been using the 0% to charge my tuition and pay off over time, and utilization has always been near 40-50% of CL. 

In addtion to this e-mail I have received invitations to apply for Buisiness Charge cards. The first offer was for a Gold Rewards, and the most recent (got it last week) was for the Platinum Business card.  Go figure they'd send this to a college student!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Limit e-mail from Amex?

Same here, I've received multiple requests to apply for the Platinum Business Card, but I have no business. 50K points too! oh well.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 2 of 3
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Limit e-mail from Amex?

@vpae wrote:

Same here, I've received multiple requests to apply for the Platinum Business Card, but I have no business. 50K points too! oh well.

Haha I wonder who is in charge of sending these out.. Personal Charge, I understand, but Business?? The mystery of Amex pre-approvals!

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.