Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit to HHI ratio?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Limit to HHI ratio?

Is there a typical limit to the amount of credit available to a person based on HHI? My HHI is $113k. What is the typical maximum credit I can have...30%? (about 35k across all credit lines). I ask because I am in the midst of a stupid FR and I wonder if AMEX doesn't like my $12k limit on my delta.

On the other hand, my 72 year old mother lives on about $18k per year Social Security, but has nearly $100k in available credit and pre-approved offers just about every day in the mail. She is only at about 7% utilization because she hates debt.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Limit to HHI ratio?

I would be interesed in reading some information on this topic as well. We recently have increased our credit availability ten fold, and now I'm undergoing an F/R from Amex as well. But my income more than covers the available CLs...

Good question, let's see if anyone chimes in wiht an answer.

Rob
Message 2 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I know some who have 3-4 times their annual income in available credit. 100% annual income should be sufficient. Screw AMEX and what they think.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry wrote:
I know some who have 3-4 times their annual income in available credit. 100% annual income should be sufficient. Screw AMEX and what they think.

Smallfry hurry up and make another post somewhere, say ANYTHING!!!  your  post number now is gving me the hibby jibbies!Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry
Super Contributor

smallfry

Message 3 of 4

Viewed 92 times

I know some who have 3-4 times their annual income in available credit. 100% annual income should be sufficient. Screw AMEX and what they think. 07-16-2007 05:10 PM

trinigal wrote:

Smallfry hurry up and make another post somewhere, say ANYTHING!!!  your  post number now is gving me the hibby jibbies!Smiley Happy

^^^^^ LOL Trini. Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.