Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Line Decrease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Line Decrease

All I did was go online and hit the LUV button and restated my income..  CL was restored instantly.

Message 11 of 14
Chris679
Established Contributor

FYI my only account closure due to inactivity was Walmart. At the two year mark with no use they CLD me two months in a row and then closed the account the third month.

I was upset at the time and tried to get them to reopen but no dice. Now I don't even miss it, just one less card to worry about keeping open.
Message 12 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I see a ton of increases from the likes of Cap One, Walmart, and Amazon.  Has anyone seen credit line decreases from Synchrony Bank in particular?

Any creditor can CLD or take other AA if risk with one's credit profile and other factors considered exceeds the creditor's risk tolerance.  You can't just rely on whether or not other have experienced a CLD to determine if you'd experience one or not.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see a ton of increases from the likes of Cap One, Walmart, and Amazon.  Has anyone seen credit line decreases from Synchrony Bank in particular?

Any creditor can CLD or take other AA if risk with one's credit profile and other factors considered exceeds the creditor's risk tolerance.  You can't just rely on whether or not other have experienced a CLD to determine if you'd experience one or not.

I understand the obvious, but my initial post was just seeing other's experience with them concerning decreases. Most people don't come to these boards expecting identical effects with their credit. I see people getting $5000+ on their initial Discover lines, I didn't even expect to get excepted, let alone that kind of starting line. So no , I'm not relying on this. It's just always good to get some idea of what's going on within the credit scenary. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.