Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Line Increase Hard Inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Line Increase Hard Inquiry?

Is a credit line increase request considered a hard inquiry? I am thinking of asking for an increase to some of my credit lines as long as it does not affect my credit score. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Line Increase Hard Inquiry?

Depends on the lenders. Some do a soft pull while others will hard pull your CR. The SPs don't affect your scores at all.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. What is an SP? Thanks!!

Message 3 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

SP is short for soft pull. Who are you trying to request a CLI from? We may know if it's a SP or HP.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blaze Mastercard and First National Credit Card

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick search yielded First National allows call in SP CLI request every 4 months, Blaze on the other hand, no idea.

Message 6 of 10
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A quick search yielded First National allows call in SP CLI request every 4 months, Blaze on the other hand, no idea.

Both cards are from the same lender so I would think that the policy would be the same.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you request the CLI they will tell you if it gonna be an HP or an SP before the do it. A HP will prob a verbiage like "a credit report will need to be obtained"
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI just a heads up
Blaze isn't the type of vendor, one wants to be attached to long term...
To be polite, they are a bottom-feeder high % fee harvester targeting vulnerable audiences.

At best, they are a Slam, Bam, Thank you Never Again Ma'am type vendor

Friendly advice is to NOT get into real debt with them and as soon as possible app for better tier vendors and move on
You'll thank me later
Best of luck
Message 9 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I have all four of those bank's cards.  Legacy, 1st Saving, Blaze and Show.  All of them for me so far have been SP CLI.  They have served their purpose for me and will be closed when the AF for each rolls around again.  Good luck OP. As a side note, they will also do a 12 month reduction of the APR if you ask

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.