Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Line Increases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Line Increases

Does anyone know lenders look at this?

Do they take other lenders CLI's into consideration for issueing more?

My CSP just received a CLI from 5k to 11k, so will the others see this and maybe issue more?

Just wondering, thanks everyone. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Line Increases

@Anonymous wrote:

My CSP just received a CLI from 5k to 11k, so will the others see this and maybe issue more?

The majority of the time, no.  Your DTI, history and other factors will play into this whenever lenders are granting a higher CL.  It's not about who can p** farther.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL, makes sense.

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 5
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure for 100% but if they manually review (versus computer algorithm based instant approval) the account, they will look into everything (including what are your CLs on other cards, loans, mortagages, etc.) in addition to just the score.

They may or may not issue CLs higher than others. Or they may issue the CL which could be highest among all your cards or somwhere in-between. Difficult to predict the outcome! All the best. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@s_haliz wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure for 100% but if they manually review (versus computer algorithm based instant approval) the account, they will look into everything (including what are your CLs on other cards, loans, mortagages, etc.) in addition to just the score.

They may or may not issue CLs higher than others. Or they may issue the CL which could be highest among all your cards or somwhere in-between. Difficult to predict the outcome! All the best. 

Thank you. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.