Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One - $7.95 Charge To Pay Online/Over The Phone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One - $7.95 Charge To Pay Online/Over The Phone

So....I know it may not be the best card......but I'm trying to get back on track....so I got a Credit One card a couple of weeks ago....went online to pay & they tell me that I will be charged $7.95 each time I pay online or over the phone.....I find this to be so odd....usually companies want you to pay online cause you do not need assistance.....the only time they do not charge you is when you send in a check...so odd!!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit One - $7.95 Charge To Pay Online/Over The Phone

I pay mine through my online bill pay with my bank. takes 2 days! and it's FREE
Message 2 of 17
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

First premier and some other subprimes do that.  however, I was able to get around it w/first premier by setting up online bill pay through my bank and having them pay first premier.  Takes a little longer for first premier to process for some reason (3-4 days even though payment was sent electronically through my bank), but beats paying $7.95 a mo.

Message 3 of 17
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

I'm planning on canceling my credit one bank card within the next 2 months. This is crazy, why should i pay almost $10 just to pay online. shouldn't they be happy that im paying my bills on time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Don't pay it through there website! you must have a bank account with free bill pay?
Message 5 of 17
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

oh so i can be through my CU account???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

good call on paying them through "bill pay" at my bank!! i could not believe that charge......so crazy!
Message 7 of 17
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

i use BA (free bill pay online) for all my ccs and it works great.  the only glitch is that FP holds the payment for 3-4 days, so make sure you pay about 1 wk ahead of your due date so you don't get hit w/late pay fees.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to set this up with my online billpay with CreditOne.  I getting sick of paying them the extra $7.95 to pay them what I owe them.  In fact, I should do it for all of my cards.

Message Edited by landocalrissian on 06-03-2008 12:00 PM
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup Credit One is one silly credit card, it was agreat starter card but now it is time to say bye bye...Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.