Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank - FICO scoring?

tag
Bill292
Established Member

Re: Credit One Bank - FICO scoring?

Hi, this is my first post, however, I am a long time lurker. My fico has helped me improve my scores by over 100 pts. Thanks everyone! I also have a credit one card and I

noticed that when I was at the place on their website that has the credit scores, the address bar ended with the words ficodata.aspx. So I called Ex and they told that it

could very well be a fico score, but she and her supervisor did not know for sure. The rep told me I would need to call credit one and ask what scoring model they used.

The rep at credit one told me it was a fico, I asked him about 5 times if he was sure, and he said he was. He may not know what he is talking about, just wanted to get

some of your thoughts on this. 

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just double checked and you're right - it does display as 'FICOData.aspx'  - It just updated for me and my loan officer is supposed to get my scores tomorrow. If they match, I'll post again and let everyone know!

Message 12 of 41
Bill292
Established Member

Great, I can't wait to hear what you find out!

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never noticed that in the address bar either.  FWIW, for today anyway, the new Credit One update matches my Score Watch exactly.  EX and EQ reports are identical except for INQ < 12 months old ( 8 vs. 2). Can't wait to hear your results.

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bill292 wrote:

Great, I can't wait to hear what you find out!

Still haven't gotten my updated score from the LO - she said she was hoping it would come in on Thursday, but now it looks like next Tuesday. Just wanted to let you guys know I didn't forget about it.... I'll update again on Tues. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 41
Bill292
Established Member

Ok, Thanks for the update.

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be really nice if it were a true fico https://www.creditonebank.com/FICOData.aspx this is what the adress says exactly if its not exact fico I believe it maybe pretty close.  Mine is at 710 which is pretty decent. Just wish the dopes at transunion would get there stuff together.

Message 17 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This link doesn't work for those who haven't already started on the pre-approval page, it seems.

Can you copy/ paste what it says? It's interesting that it has FICOData in its URL.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many creditors have been using credit scoring as a fast, objective way to evaluate a credit report for more than 30 years. A credit score is a computer-generated number that tells a lender how likely you are to repay your debts. Depending on the credit scoring system, the scores can range from 300 - 900. The higher the number, the more likely you are to be deemed creditworthy.

A credit score is derived from a formula that takes into account several factors from your credit report. These factors may include your payment history, the amount of credit to which you have access, the amount of credit you are currently using, the length of your credit history, and the number of recent requests for credit. The impact of each element fluctuates based on your own credit profile.

Your credit score is important. It can be used – along with your credit report and other information from your application – to determine your creditworthiness and what type of interest rate and/or credit amount you will receive. One of the best ways to ensure an accurate credit score is through regular review of your credit report.  

Your credit score is provided to you solely to help you understand your credit standing. It may not be used for any other purpose, and may not be shared with any other party.

Your credit score is provided to us by Experian (a credit reporting agency). If you believe your credit report is incomplete or contains inaccurate information, you should contact Experian directly at 1-866-673-0141 or visit www.experian.com/disputes/ to correct the information.

This service is subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Here you go

Message 19 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Intreresting! The text says nothing about the score being a FICO, but the link includes FICO in the URL. That is just flat weird.

The 300-900 range isn't a Fico range, but of course, it's saying that scores can range through 300-900, depending on the system used.

I really do think that when they say, "Your credit score is provided to us by Experian (a credit reporting agency)," it means it's a FAKO, since they don't specify "your FICO score" or "your Experian FICO score." Generally, if they don't say FICO, it's not FICO. But it's wonderfully vague, isn't it?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.