Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank - FICO scoring?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Bank - FICO scoring?

Definitely vague. I suspect their call center will be closed tomorrow, but I'll try to call them and verify if it is a FICO score or a PLUS/Vantage score. When my LO gets me my FICO Experian score on Tuesday, we'll see if that matches, too. My FAKO through my normal bank is far different from the Experian score on Credit One's site and I know my other two scores at TU and EQ are in the same general range, so it should be interesting!

Message 21 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I know one thing for sure my Fako score through Truecredit experian is a 733 but my score on Credit one is 710.  Just a shot in the dark but I bet its close to a true fico score but the fico score is probably 20-30 points less.

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

Okay, so got my scores from the LO today and it looks like my Experian score is close but not exact. Credit One reports my score on 9/1 to be 644, and the number my LO got today was 649. In all, only a 5 point difference over the course of a week. Definitely something that could happen, because two credit cards in good standing had balances dropping below 7% and reported another good month of payments. I haven't yet confirmed with Credit One that this is indeed a FICO score, but it doesn't seem unreasonable at this point.

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with Credit One and Experian. Credit One's customer service rep said she did not know what score it was but gave me a general contact line for Experian. Experian's rep stated that she did not know either, but she said if it said "FICOData" in the URL, it seems reasonable that it could be a FICO score. However, she couldn't/wouldn't confirm it. I figured after I was redirected to Experian, I wouldn't get confirmation. I suppose we'll have to keep pestering Credit One until we find a rep that's knowledgable enough to speak to the veracity of it being a FICO score. Looks like Bill292 was already told that it was, but I'm hesitant unless we actually get confirmation from multiple people or a figure of authority at Credit One. Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I got curious about this and sent a question to myFICO. I'll post back when I hear something.

Again, anything's possible, but FICO scores cost a lot more for banks to pull than FAKO scores, and I'm be awfully surprised if Credit One, of all people, offer them. If they do, I may have to get me a card. Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 25 of 41
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I got curious about this and sent a question to myFICO. I'll post back when I hear something.

Again, anything's possible, but FICO scores cost a lot more for banks to pull than FAKO scores, and I'm be awfully surprised if Credit One, of all people, offer them. If they do, I may have to get me a card. Smiley Very Happy

I'm watching this thread VERY closely myself.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 26 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I'm watching this thread VERY closely myself.  Smiley Happy

It beats apping for a mortgage just to satisfy my curiosity! Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it almost definately is a Fico score.  I was just approved for an Amex premier rewards card. A 710 score is posted on my credit one account and everyone knows Amex wont approve you with much less then a 700.

Message 28 of 41
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well it almost definately is a Fico score.  I was just approved for an Amex premier rewards card. A 710 score is posted on my credit one account and everyone knows Amex wont approve you with much less then a 700.

so your scores are 644, 688, & 710?  do you know why there are such big differences in your scores?

Message 29 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only score that is a little low is Transunion.  I think a charge off from 4 years ago got rebucketed when I disputed as paid in full after charge off. But EQ and EX are pretty similar. My EQ score should be in the 700s in the next couple of months.  I only have 1 inq with EQ and 3 with EX  and 2 with TU over the past year.  My utilization is about 10% on my credit accounts.  I really cant figure out why TU is that low other than the rebucket.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.