cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank & a 2nd Premier Bank card?

tag
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank & a 2nd Premier Bank card?

I would strongly advise you not to get more than one of these sub-prime cards. They exist to milk money (and often, future misery) from those who hold them. You should not need more than one.

The next step for you is patience and consistently paying on time. Garden the card you have, and let that seedling grow into a tree.

With your current scores, you'll do best to keep your focus there, and also see if a family member can add you as an authorized user on a well-maintained account.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no problems with credit one except that they fee you to death, but as long as you do not use it, it is fine. 

Message 12 of 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no problems with credit one except that they fee you to death, but as long as you do not use it, it is fine. 

That in itself is a problem.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@johnnyscience wrote:

Aren't there a lot of fees with Credit One?

I have zero fees for first year with my new Premier Card.  They paid off my old written off debt & transfered the balance to a new card to help me re-establish credit.

What do you mean they paid off your charged off debt? Who did they pay off and how much was it? What is your credit limit with First Premier? Is that the only card you have? What is your current Fico score?

Credit One and the SCT could help you build a file with 4-5 trade lines on it. Take what you can get pay responsibly, and keep the debt reported to your bureaus under 30%, and build from there. Capital One should be an option at some point soon.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.