Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank inquiries on EWS and Chexsystems

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank inquiries on EWS and Chexsystems

Are there major credit cards tied to these? I'd like to freeze all 3 of these if applicable. Going to order each report and see what is on them. Going to then dispute any bad info that is false then freeze them.

Personal:

Business:

Message 21 of 58
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

EWS does not offer freezes.

Personal:

Business:

Message 22 of 58
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

So I've emailed/faxed/mailed requests for reports from the following agencies:

Chex

EWS

Sage (IDA)

ARS

LexisNexis

Ridiculous this is only a small dent in all the companies that have information about us...

Personal:

Business:

Message 23 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Chex

EWS

Sage (IDA)

ARS

LexisNexis

Ridiculous this is only a small dent in all the companies that have information about us...

sad thing is their are more that we don't even know about..  ARS/IDA/Innovis all frozen never plan to unfreeze them..   

Message 24 of 58
iv
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Chex

EWS

Sage (IDA)

ARS

LexisNexis

sad thing is their are more that we don't even know about..  ARS/IDA/Innovis all frozen never plan to unfreeze them..   

Yes, there are more...

...but with the CFPB publishing this list, there's no excuse not to know about them.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 25 of 58
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Chex

EWS

Sage (IDA)

ARS

LexisNexis

Can they affect any apps or anything of the sorts in the future? I want to do this as well after I see the reports, and then also freeze LexisNexis.

Personal:

Business:

Message 26 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Are there major credit cards tied to these? I'd like to freeze all 3 of these if applicable. Going to order each report and see what is on them. Going to then dispute any bad info that is false then freeze them.

US Bank uses some of the non-major information providers in addition to the three credit bureaus. They use if for lending and for establishing other products they offer.

Message 27 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iv wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Chex

EWS

Sage (IDA)

ARS

LexisNexis

Yes, there are more...

...but with the CFPB publishing this list, there's no excuse not to know about them.

Great info. Found some on the list I would not have connected. Saved it to my file. Many I have requested in the last nine months and made changes as needed. The most ridiculous one for me is the Lexis Nexis with 52 entries on addresses where most of the entries are repeats with one letter different or a period in the address (nonsense). Someone might say so what? Well I have had lenders drop on me out of the blue verification questions where they started asking me about information from thirty plus years ago and I go like say what? They failed me on addresses where the same address existed (I did not even know it was in a file somewhere) but, technically on Lexis Nexis not the same. Pays to cleanup and delete as much old information as possible. I did that to include the credit bureaus who fought with me to keep all the old addresses and I made them remove them. Took a lot of less than friendly communications but, cleanup may include using a "meaner than a junk yard dog" approach.

Message 28 of 58
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Maybe I am wrong and overlooking it but I don't think ARS is on that list which is strange since they are a consumer reporting agency 

Message 29 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

Chex

EWS

Sage (IDA)

ARS

LexisNexis

Can they affect any apps or anything of the sorts in the future? I want to do this as well after I see the reports, and then also freeze LexisNexis.

Have had no issues although they say it can impact it.. The big banks count on the big 3 that we all know about and use the other 3 on occassion for double checking sometimes, but hasn't been a reason for any declines or stopped me from getting credit with whom I have.. US Bank is famous for using ARS/IDA along with Cap1 w/regards to innovis and the list continues.

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.