cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank offering a better card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Bank offering a better card...

Thank god they blacklisted me.
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

If everyone knew that secured, low/no fee, no-pull, CU reward credit cards existed...Credit One would probably be out of business within a few weeks.

Or do I underestimate what someone will willingly suffer through to avoid having a card account appear as 'secured' on a report?

Message 12 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Never had any offers from Credit One but plenty from First Premier which inspired me to feverishly Accelerate plans to app quality lenders and after landing numerous approvals their mails stopped cold and haven't found a one for months now. The classic case of run as fast as you can to better lenders and not look back.

Message 13 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Having that stupid Credit One account on my CR is the biggest regret of my life, can't wait until the day it ages off.  I so wish I would have known about BoA secured card.  If I was a Credit Analyst manually reviewing a file, that would scream "Rebuilder!!!!" more than anything.

Message 14 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

Having that stupid Credit One account on my CR is the biggest regret of my life, can't wait until the day it ages off.  I so wish I would have known about BoA secured card.  If I was a Credit Analyst manually reviewing a file, that would scream "Rebuilder!!!!" more than anything.

Well I think a BK would look worse on a CR IMO and alot of people have very "Prime" cards with good limits with a BK on there record.  The card has its purpose, as do secured cards... Getting a 2nd one is just not a smart move for obvious reasons.

Message 15 of 29
Rhino71
Valued Member

I do have an hand the same credit card from Credit One that just today its paid in full, it will be close on Monday since thats the day they will put the funds in the account.

the next one to close is First Premier. Good Bye Credit One.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has not been long since I've been seriously rebuilding from the 480 scores.

Credit One does have its place in the world of rebuilding when nobody else will touch you.

That said, once you're in the high 500's-600's there really no reason to get a card from them.

Their no grace period pretty much negates any kind of cashback they might give.

I did my time with them but I stopped using them as soon as I possible could.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It has not been long since I've been seriously rebuilding from the 480 scores.

Credit One does have its place in the world of rebuilding when nobody else will touch you.

That said, once you're in the high 500's-600's there really no reason to get a card from them.

Their no grace period pretty much negates any kind of cashback they might give.

I did my time with them but I stopped using them as soon as I possible could.

I like your thinking.

CreditOne is like the Halfway house of Credit. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 29
Involver
Valued Contributor

What I want to know is why you still have a predatory $99 AF card open when you have Chase and American Express cards.

Message 19 of 29
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Yodah wrote:

So I started with Credit One VS a year ago.... card has the 99.00 annual fee and a 24.99% rate...CL is 700.00  and offer 1% on gas. I was going to close this account but then....

Today I get an  offer to accept a Credit One MC with a 60.00 AF, and a 17.99% rate .... CL 500.00 and offer 1% on gas and restaurants.....

That 17.99% is better than some of my other cards, but they still don't offer a grace period like the other cards. So I guess they give with one hand take away with the other.

With your lineup, I'm suprised you still have the original card.  But yes, I only recommend Credit One when no one else will give you credit.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.