Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank

i have this card i got approved w/ $1150 limit and have gotten offers for joke CLI's of $100 for a $20 fee, that i never took. personally i think its an ok rebuilder, if you can't get a secured card and or burned alot of the other prime lends. i didn't have the extra cash to put up for a secured card, and i burned cap 1, boa, citi, and chase so my choices were limited. the major negs of the card are the af, high interest, no grace on purchases, and they take i think 5 days to make payments ava. the only redeeming thing about this card is that its unsecured.  if i had to choose between credit one and 1st premire i would take credit one hands down! If you take it and treat it right it will help your rebuild, but just realize its not a card you should keep, once you get a prime card to replace it there is no need to keep it.  i am just waiting for my statement to close so i can finally get rid of it, because i recently got Amex BCE

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 41 of 43
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

My wife has this card with a $300 limit and it's worked out well for her so far. The interest is high but no where near the 36% First Premiere charges and the $75 annual fee is the price of rebuilding. 

I spent my first year of rebuilding with a CapOne secured card and a CapOne Platinum and if I had known a little more about the Credit One card, I probably would have added it for a year also.

Message 42 of 43
zerobacan
Established Contributor

I have that card since 2009, had one and close it in 2007 cause of the high fees.

after the new cc law it got better, however i hate to pay 9.99 to make payments that will reflect the next day, when i get that for free everywhere!

and got offered an $100 increase for paying those 19.99 "fee"

If you can afford not to use it, SD and cancel it before the AF... mine is going that way now...

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.