Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank

tag
headspin
New Contributor

Credit One Bank

I was reviewing my statement from Credit One Bank, on the back of the statement it has a section called "Special Rule for CC Purchases" under that section it states that if you are not satisfied with the quality of goods or services that are purchased with this CC you may not have to pay remaining amount due.  BUT only if the purchase was more than $50 and only if the purchase was made in your home state, or 100 miles from your mailing address. 

I can understand the purchase has to be more than $50, but what if you make a purchase online from a merchant that is located across the country?  You have no recourse?  What if you wanted to use this CC while on vacation?  Has anyone ever seen this before or ever have a problem that could not be resolved because you purchased something more than 100 miles from your home?

I think everyone needs to know about this and be careful with what CC you are using for long distant purchases.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Bank

Some years ago I worked for a credit card co (1st Card - I dont think they are around anymore).  i used you handle disputes similar to the one that you described above.  That rule applies to all Visa and MasterCard purchases regardles of what card you use.  Mail order companies do not fall into the same bucket, because typically you are sitting at home when you make the purchase.  In addition there is a code associated with those transactions that allows the CCC to identify them as mail/phone order transactions.

WBLAKE
Message 2 of 6
headspin
New Contributor

What happens when you want to go on vacation?  I always use a CC while traveling because I thought I would be protected, but I guess I'm not?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if Credit One will go to bat for you.

BUT- I have had CCC's resolve disputes outside of the "rules".
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel your credit one bank cc as soon as possible. They are crooks. I payed via my debit card and they charged me twice and have still not returned my second charge. I cancelled, and they have yet to cancel or send me any type of documentation. WTF. Their customer service dept are full of a bunch of trash who could only find work in the depths of hell. I know that they are going to hell, I just wish they were in jail while waiting.
Message 5 of 6
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

credit one bank sucks. i closed my account with them. who cares about overall util, their cust serv is terrible.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.