Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Credit One Bank

Anyone familiar with this bank? How are they to you?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Bank

sub prime with fees that are not worth it

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worse than Cap1 and Orchard combined then multiplied by 10. If you can't get Cap1 or Orchard, then you're better off just getting a secured card from a local bank or CU.

I haven't had them since the new laws took effect, but I've heard they aren't much better than they were before. I've also heard some creditors will flat out turn you down if they see CreditOne on your credit file.
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved me when no on else would + unsecured. $300 limit. After a couple of months gave me a random $100 cli. I've had them for about 4 months now, I always PIF multiple times a month. They do have a high AF. Interest rate doesn't matter if you're treating it like cash. They're alright, nothing special. I'm weary of ever paying late with them cause of the stories I've read(I've had zero issues) so just make sure to pay early, pay often an print out your payment confirmation page.

Message 4 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved me when no on else would + unsecured. $300 limit. After a couple of months gave me a random $100 cli. I've had them for about 4 months now, I always PIF multiple times a month. They do have a high AF. Interest rate doesn't matter if you're treating it like cash. They're alright, nothing special. I'm weary of ever paying late with them cause of the stories I've read(I've had zero issues) so just make sure to pay early, pay often an print out your payment confirmation page.

I applied today and was approved for $300 this will be the last (3rd) CC ill need for at least 1 full year. I can treat it as cash so no interest builds and it reports to all 3 bureaus

Im happy about that Smiley Very HappyYou have to take whats available they did pull EX.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 27
GWilliam
Valued Member

I have had mine for 16 months and have had two auto CLI, unlike my Best Buy Rewards MC from HSBC! Yes, it has a AF, but since I pay it off monthly no 24% interest! For a subprime better than Orchard Bank which is a HSBC card!

Starting Score: EQ 530 TU 550
Current Score: EQ 693 TU 697
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my Credit One V in 9/2005 and I still have it lol

$8.25/month "annual fee"

24% APR

$1550 CL at this time, with zero balance Smiley Happy

Overall it was simply a means to an end in rebuilding credit.

Now with those things known upfront (and still keeping it active for now) I can't really complain about it except for one specific peeve I have and I suspect is intentional: no autopay options of ANY kind.

The Orchard Bank MC I have at least allows a specific monthly payment to be set up (Amex is the best in this with multiple options such as Pay Due Amount).  Since State Farm doesn't take Amex, I have that charge going on the MC with autopay of that amount happening the week after.

I have my Amex back now and my goal is a rewards MC and a rewards V of some form, just to round out the credit trifecta.  I've gotten my Amex backdated to 2000 (my second Amex, a Gold I had) and I'm working on getting it to 1991 (my very first Green) so I'm curious to see how that impacts the CR lol.

Then close the Credit One (due to the fees) and probably the Orchard Bank (was opened in 11/2004)

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I had them before, they gave me a $250 CL with $9 available after fees. Then there were all kinds of maintenance and account fees each month. They charged me to pay online or over the phone and payments took forever to process. Maybe they've reformed more than I thought, because they had to, but I wouldn't want to deal with them again. I'd rather get a secured card.
Message 8 of 27
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

My GF applied on 5/5

I just checked her app status and it's still pending.

Wow

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 27
fot1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Overall it was simply a means to an end in rebuilding credit.

Now with those things known upfront (and still keeping it active for now) I can't really complain about it except for one specific peeve I have and I suspect is intentional: no autopay options of ANY kind.

Agreed..

Too many to list..
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.