Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Bank

@Anonymous wrote:
When I had them before, they gave me a $250 CL with $9 available after fees. Then there were all kinds of maintenance and account fees each month. They charged me to pay online or over the phone and payments took forever to process. Maybe they've reformed more than I thought, because they had to, but I wouldn't want to deal with them again. I'd rather get a secured card.

At least in the payment aspect they've changed.  No longer and additional fee for making an online payment (I never did the phone option).

Maybe they figured out it is cheaper to process an online payment than a paper check?       rofl Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn't cheap either. It was something between $7.95 and $9.95!
Message 12 of 27
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
When I had them before, they gave me a $250 CL with $9 available after fees. Then there were all kinds of maintenance and account fees each month. They charged me to pay online or over the phone and payments took forever to process. Maybe they've reformed more than I thought, because they had to, but I wouldn't want to deal with them again. I'd rather get a secured card.

At least in the payment aspect they've changed.  No longer and additional fee for making an online payment (I never did the phone option).

Maybe they figured out it is cheaper to process an online payment than a paper check?       rofl Smiley Very Happy

I dont think they are allowed to charge a fee anymore for payments on line due to the law changing

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It wasn't cheap either. It was something between $7.95 and $9.95!

I remember!  I was strategic with my payment amount to minimize the impact of the fee (and for a long time I added that into my payment lol until I realized it was charged separately)

@john398 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think they are allowed to charge a fee anymore for payments on line due to the law changing

I figured as much but wasn't sure

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I going to say that, but I skimmed the law and didn't see anything there.
Message 15 of 27
john398
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I going to say that, but I skimmed the law and didn't see anything there.

I guess your right, I just skimmed it too, but I assumed they did, thats what I get

Message 16 of 27
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@john398 wrote:

You are correct about this. The Credit Card Act 2009:

Prohibits issuers from charging a fee to pay a credit card debt, whether by mail, telephone, or electronic transfer, except for live services to make expedited payments.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 17 of 27
BOTTS

I have this for card about ten years.you pay them to raise you credit limit/ what a lousy credit card shark///

Message 18 of 27
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Credit One was the first CC that I got when I was coming out of bk.  They gave me a 500 limit.  Their interest rate is horrible but since I PIF that didn't present a problem for me.  I used my own bank to send them payments and they never held it back for an extended period of time.   That was in June of last year.  They never gave me a CLI but they offered to reduce my interest rate for 3 or 6 months (can't remember).  Since June I have built up my overall CL to 80 times the amount that they gave me. 

They are definitely a bottom feeder of the sub-primes but since I had bk'd Cap1 I couldn't get them back at the time.  However if I had my choice I would take Cap1 over Credit1 just due to how bad their reputation is.  I just canceled them a few weeks ago because I don't need the card nor the utilization from them....nor the monthly maintenance fee that they would start charging after my first year.  So if you got them then congrats and just use them to get your credit building on warp speed and then drop them to avoid the fees.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 19 of 27
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved me when no on else would + unsecured. $300 limit. After a couple of months gave me a random $100 cli. I've had them for about 4 months now, I always PIF multiple times a month. They do have a high AF. Interest rate doesn't matter if you're treating it like cash. They're alright, nothing special. I'm weary of ever paying late with them cause of the stories I've read(I've had zero issues) so just make sure to pay early, pay often an print out your payment confirmation page.

I applied today and was approved for $300 this will be the last (3rd) CC ill need for at least 1 full year. I can treat it as cash so no interest builds and it reports to all 3 bureaus

Im happy about that Smiley Very HappyYou have to take whats available they did pull EX.

Edited to say I just noticed this was from 2011. I thought you applied for credit one today and was very confused on why..lol

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.