2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank

@chan85 wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

High/multiple fees (express payments, montlhly/yearly fees, credit line increases that you request), slow availability of payments when paid through website (usually like 5 days), no grace period (interest starts accruing when the charge posts not 30 days like most cards)......

damn... it sounds like a nightmare Smiley Indifferent guess I'll pass...

HA! I don't mean to scare you, just want you to know what you are getting yourself into if you get it. If you are rebuilding, it will serve its purpose. I have had mine for several years, and probably will close it this coming summer. I am currently at $900 CL and stays at a zero or credit balance most of the time. I am scared I will have an emergency and will need it (it has come in handy several times).

So I can't even carry a balance for a few days before PIF and not get charged w/ interest?! 23+% is nuts! Smiley Surprised

NOPE!

I don't know how you did it and kept it that long! but seeing all these bad reviews online... errr... I'll pass... is there any other CC (besides CapOne) that would approve me? I also read bad reviews on Orchard Bank Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 43
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

I used this card to rebuild. It gives a better than average credit line compared to other rebuilder cards and after my scores improved, they offered me "no annual fee" consistently now for the last 12 months rolling but I have to ask every six months for this "perk". It has served it's purpose and.costed me to hold it but I think that it more than paid for itself because it got me in the door with other lenders. The minute I have an annual fee again- it's toast but I recommend them. Easy CLI every 6 months requested and it will grow. JMO and personal experience.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 12 of 43
namvet
Established Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

High/multiple fees (express payments, montlhly/yearly fees, credit line increases that you request), slow availability of payments when paid through website (usually like 5 days), no grace period (interest starts accruing when the charge posts not 30 days like most cards)......

damn... it sounds like a nightmare Smiley Indifferent guess I'll pass...

HA! I don't mean to scare you, just want you to know what you are getting yourself into if you get it. If you are rebuilding, it will serve its purpose. I have had mine for several years, and probably will close it this coming summer. I am currently at $900 CL and stays at a zero or credit balance most of the time. I am scared I will have an emergency and will need it (it has come in handy several times).

So I can't even carry a balance for a few days before PIF and not get charged w/ interest?! 23+% is nuts! Smiley Surprised

NOPE!

I don't know how you did it and kept it that long! but seeing all these bad reviews online... errr... I'll pass... is there any other CC (besides CapOne) that would approve me? I also read bad reviews on Orchard Bank Smiley Sad

Take care of Cap One for at least 6 months and get your 1st CLI then you will be in a position to apply for another bank card.  Just pay on time and don't charge more than 30% or so of your credit line.  In 6 months you could also look at some store credit cards.  You will get different responses about credit inquiries but just don't get in a hurry and you will be in good shape (credit wise) in no time.

Message 13 of 43
2NE1
Established Contributor

@impovingmycredit wrote:
I used this card to rebuild. It gives a better than average credit line compared to other rebuilder cards and after my scores improved, they offered me "no annual fee" consistently now for the last 12 months rolling but I have to ask every six months for this "perk". It has served it's purpose and.costed me to hold it but I think that it more than paid for itself because it got me in the door with other lenders. The minute I have an annual fee again- it's toast but I recommend them. Easy CLI every 6 months requested and it will grow. JMO and personal experience.

*sigh* alrighty... I do need a card to rebuild... I guess cause of my poor scores I got the 23% interest! but since you say from experience that as your scores improved your AF got waived... that's deff nice to know! which other CCs were you able to get after using this card for 12 months?

Message 14 of 43
2NE1
Established Contributor

@namvet wrote:
I don't know how you did it and kept it that long! but seeing all these bad reviews online... errr... I'll pass... is there any other CC (besides CapOne) that would approve me? I also read bad reviews on Orchard Bank Smiley Sad  Take care of Cap One for at least 6 months and get your 1st CLI then you will be in a position to apply for another bank card.  Just pay on time and don't charge more than 30% or so of your credit line.  In 6 months you could also look at some store credit cards.  You will get different responses about credit inquiries but just don't get in a hurry and you will be in good shape (credit wise) in no time.

Yes, I do plan on doing this! Smiley Very Happy I'm so excited... I'm waiting for it to get in the mail! thanks for the advice! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 43
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I got that card a while back (thinking it was CapOne).  I was worried about it after the fact, went ahead and activated it (it was gonna report anyway so ....).  And I have read some people say they didn't activate and ended up being charged the fees without knowing it and eventually the card went to collections and caused all kinds of problems. Once you've applied and been approved, it's yours (from what I understand).

Well, mine has been ok since I got it, paying on line is easy. They charge the first year fee in one sum on the first statement if I remember right, because of that I figure I'll keep it until about 10 months then close it (I'm not paying their AF again or letting them start charging me a monthly fee for it). And like another poster said, they charge interest instantly, no grace period. They also told me I was qualifed for the 1500 and I only got 500 (I've read that's the norm however).

They started me with a 500CL no increases, I won't ask as they charge for that and do a hard pull (they have an interesting way of giving you a CLI that you request and charging for it, read up on them and their info, you'll find it's creative).  So do NOT ask them for a CLI, I hear they do auto CLI's on occasion but don't hold your breath.

Hope that gives a bit of insight.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 16 of 43
beb86
Valued Contributor

i got one 5 months ago paid the af as soon as the statement cut and just let it report positive. a month ago i got a auto cli by $100!!1 when the year comes up i will try to have them waive the af or it will be time to cancel since it would have served it purpose

Message 17 of 43
2NE1
Established Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

i got one 5 months ago paid the af as soon as the statement cut and just let it report positive. a month ago i got a auto cli by $100!!1 when the year comes up i will try to have them waive the af or it will be time to cancel since it would have served it purpose

wait.... wait.... so you're saying that I can 1) apply for the card 2) pay the AF as soon as I get it 3) not use it for 6 months - to a year and 4) request the AF to be waived and if not then close it? you're saying that if I don't use the car for a year (reporting excellet history) it won't be closed by the Creditor? Smiley Surprised

Message 18 of 43
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

I've never been hit with a HP for CLIs and it's true I had to pay for the first couple of CLIs but that's the price you pay for rebuilding credit. It's never fun in the beginning. Smiley Happy
I went the Credit Union route after getting some history under my belt along with a Walmart card and got a pretty decent limit to start because of my good history with Credit One. Since then, Barclays- another Credit Union VISA- Citi- Amex Zync then Gold and now BCP. It's slow going at first and No Matter What- pay your bills on time and keep your utility low. You will do GREAT!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 19 of 43
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@beb86 wrote:

wait.... wait.... so you're saying that I can 1) apply for the card 2) pay the AF as soon as I get it 3) not use it for 6 months - to a year and 4) request the AF to be waived and if not then close it? you're saying that if I don't use the car for a year (reporting excellet history) it won't be closed by the Creditor? Smiley Surprised

Not intending to speak for others, but, I think that's what we're saying yes. Smiley Happy  They don't WANT you to close the card, they're sure not going to close it on you if you don't use it lol, they're kind of hoping you'll stick around for the AF really, of course, you can use it and days later go online and pay the balance so you only have a few days interest too.

[EDIT]: Anyone else willing to guess when 2NE1 gets AMEX Zync?  I'm guessing within 14 months  Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.