Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank

tag
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank

@2NE1 wrote:

@beb86 wrote:

i got one 5 months ago paid the af as soon as the statement cut and just let it report positive. a month ago i got a auto cli by $100!!1 when the year comes up i will try to have them waive the af or it will be time to cancel since it would have served it purpose

wait.... wait.... so you're saying that I can 1) apply for the card 2) pay the AF as soon as I get it 3) not use it for 6 months - to a year and 4) request the AF to be waived and if not then close it? you're saying that if I don't use the car for a year (reporting excellet history) it won't be closed by the Creditor? Smiley Surprised

i wont keep it if i have to pay the 8.25 a month or what ever it is after the 1st year. if i cancel it i would have a year of positive payment history that would stay on on my cr for ten years sometimes you just have to play the game and not let the game play you

Message 21 of 43
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I have this card. I got it after my BK for rebuilding purposes. This is one of three cards I plan to get rid of this year, after I get a prime card. (I didn't know to check here before signing up with 3 rebuilder cards...Smiley Sad)

There are lots of start up fees. There is an annual fee that is collected monthly to the tune of $8.25 whether you charge on it or not. If you do elect to use the card, you can only pay 4 times a month electronically. I ran into that ridiculous issue in the beginning when I put charges on the card and paid them off as soon as they posted. It does NOT cost anything to make a payment online unless you want it to post and use the funds again immediately as an Express payment. Otherwise you just make a standard payment with no fee and it will post right away, but the funds are not available to you for a week. It doesn't matter unless you plan to use the card again.

If you have the card already, then I think you have incurred the fees. This is a fee harvester type card. Check the terms when you get it to see if there is a way to cancel without paying the fees, but probably not. Be very careful. And if you can't cancel, you may as well pay the fee, keep it to rebuild for a year or two and then dump it.

Message 22 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

Does anyone have this CC? I filled out the pre-approval link (since it said no affect on my score) and I got " Your credit history shows that you are pre-qualified for this offer. Apply now and get your credit line decision in less than 60 seconds" -- I read the APR 23.9% -- $75 AF first year then $99 billed monthly $8.25 with a CL of $1500

is this worth getting it? I am on rebuilding mode. Has anyone had any experience with this bank? thanks!

H e doublehockey sticks NO!!!! Leave it alone!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 43
2NE1
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:

Does anyone have this CC? I filled out the pre-approval link (since it said no affect on my score) and I got " Your credit history shows that you are pre-qualified for this offer. Apply now and get your credit line decision in less than 60 seconds" -- I read the APR 23.9% -- $75 AF first year then $99 billed monthly $8.25 with a CL of $1500

is this worth getting it? I am on rebuilding mode. Has anyone had any experience with this bank? thanks!

H e doublehockey sticks NO!!!! Leave it alone!!!!

haha, okay... I thought about it overnight and decided not to get it. If I have to rebuild with just CapOne for a year, so be it cause this CreditOne Bank apparently isn't even a bank! it is owned by a Collection Agency! Smiley Surprised Smiley Mad not messing with that!

Message 24 of 43
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

High/multiple fees (express payments, montlhly/yearly fees, credit line increases that you request), slow availability of payments when paid through website (usually like 5 days), no grace period (interest starts accruing when the charge posts not 30 days like mist cards)......

+1

Message 25 of 43
lithium78
Established Contributor

I currently have a Credit One card which I got a few years ago when my credit was abysmal.  Now my credit has improved so I'm ready to ditch it.  I'm just waiting to zero out my utilization first.  In a couple of months, Credit One is going to meet the shredder.  Bwah ha ha ha!

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 43
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

If they actually approved you for $1500 that means someone else will to and with no fee's or immediate monthly interest charged. 

I took a hit on my credit report for this card. The card was sent to me because they don't have a button that says you "decline their offer."  The card and the limit showed up on my credit report before the card even arrived.

I still did not accept their offer.  It should state something about not being charged until you activate the card.  I even received emails telling me to activate.  I did not.  Somewhere towards the end (after activaiton time limit had expired) it said I had a $1 balance, then I called them and told the rep I never accepted their card and should have a zero balance. She said okay and would send out a zero balance letter.

I forget how long it took(less than 30 days), but eventually everything was removed from my credit report except the hit for the inquiry.

After I would not accept cards with AF's or outrageous fees I was approved for better cards, but with still high interest rates and no AF's.

Sure hope this helpsSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 27 of 43
2NE1
Established Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

If they actually approved you for $1500 that means someone else will to and with no fee's or immediate monthly interest charged. 

I took a hit on my credit report for this card. The card was sent to me because they don't have a button that says you "decline their offer."  The card and the limit showed up on my credit report before the card even arrived.

I still did not accept their offer.  It should state something about not being charged until you activate the card.  I even received emails telling me to activate.  I did not.  Somewhere towards the end (after activaiton time limit had expired) it said I had a $1 balance, then I called them and told the rep I never accepted their card and should have a zero balance. She said okay and would send out a zero balance letter.

I forget how long it took(less than 30 days), but eventually everything was removed from my credit report except the hit for the inquiry.

After I would not accept cards with AF's or outrageous fees I was approved for better cards, but with still high interest rates and no AF's.

Sure hope this helpsSmiley Wink

Woah, so you're saying that you did finish filling out the application, correct? cause I only did the pre-approval and then closed the window out. I better not be getting a HP INQ for this since I did not apply for it! Smiley Mad

Message 28 of 43
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

LOL> LOL>>>>>>>>>>>LOL!  So did I and it still completed the process.  Imagine how shocked I was when I got the end results.  I guess closing your browser does not mean what it used to. 

I feel you 100% on this one.  I joke all the time about them (credit one) not having an "are you seriously (insert any adjective that immediately comes to mind), I reject this ridiculous offer button" Smiley Surprised after you see the terms they are offering.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 29 of 43
2NE1
Established Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

LOL> LOL>>>>>>>>>>>LOL!  So did I and it still completed the process.  Imagine how shocked I was when I got the end results.  I guess closing your browser does not mean what it used to. 

I feel you 100% on this one.  I joke all the time about them (credit one) not having an "are you seriously (insert any adjective that immediately comes to mind), I reject this ridiculous offer button" Smiley Surprised after you see the terms they are offering.

that... is... so .. ugh... if I get this card in the mail I will shred it! gah! I have no way of knowing if they did a HP!

Please keep the posts g-rated-MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.