Credit One Bank

tag
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank

@2NE1 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:

haha, okay... I thought about it overnight and decided not to get it. If I have to rebuild with just CapOne for a year, so be it cause this CreditOne Bank apparently isn't even a bank! it is owned by a Collection Agency! Smiley Surprised Smiley Mad not messing with that!

I'm glad you thought this through!  Cap One should get you on the way to where you want to be.  Did you ever take a close look at Credit One's logo?  Look familiar?  
Message 31 of 43
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Did Credit One stick with initial line of credit you received on line once your card arrived?

Germaine47

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 32 of 43
chan85
Established Contributor

@germaine47 wrote:

Did Credit One stick with initial line of credit you received on line once your card arrived?

Germaine47

I never asked for a CLI when I got the card, it was randomly increased probably after a year, and then all my increases since have been requested by me.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 33 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@namvet wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@2NE1 wrote:

haha, okay... I thought about it overnight and decided not to get it. If I have to rebuild with just CapOne for a year, so be it cause this CreditOne Bank apparently isn't even a bank! it is owned by a Collection Agency! Smiley Surprised Smiley Mad not messing with that!

I'm glad you thought this through!  Cap One should get you on the way to where you want to be.  Did you ever take a close look at Credit One's logo?  Look familiar?  

I always thought that as copyright infringment Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 34 of 43
RTJ

No it's not worth it at all....go with Capital one or if you need a secured card go with Applied Bank. Those are the absolute best credit building cards, be warned Applied Bank doesn't report to Equifax....

Starting scores: Current scores( Mortgage): myFico scores:
EX: 535 EX: 767 EX: 721
TU: 512 TU: 762 TU: 742
EQ: 507 EQ: 745 EQ: 745
I love how these online companies never really show you your true scores but want you to pay soooooo much for it......
Message 35 of 43
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

LOL> LOL>>>>>>>>>>>LOL!  So did I and it still completed the process.  Imagine how shocked I was when I got the end results.  I guess closing your browser does not mean what it used to. 

I feel you 100% on this one.  I joke all the time about them (credit one) not having an "are you seriously (insert any adjective that immediately comes to mind), I reject this ridiculous offer button" Smiley Surprised after you see the terms they are offering.

Incredible.  That's an abusive practice to say the least.  Maybe your state AG would be interested?

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 43
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Unless you have exhausted ALL other avenues (like burning 8 of 10 lenders) this card is a joke. You would be much more well served to obtain a "secured" card with another lender. These kind of kinds generally result in you owing about half your credit limit before your card ever arrives. Only potential benefit IMO would be that it would be building a positive tradeline while you work on squaring away your messes....

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 37 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@nuggets321 wrote:

Unless you have exhausted ALL other avenues (like burning 8 of 10 lenders) this card is a joke. You would be much more well served to obtain a "secured" card with another lender. These kind of kinds generally result in you owing about half your credit limit before your card ever arrives. Only potential benefit IMO would be that it would be building a positive tradeline while you work on squaring away your messes....

+1

It's really a ripoff considering there is Cap1 / HSBC out there.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 38 of 43
BOTTS

THIS SO CALL BANK IS JOKE FOR CREDIT BUILDING IF YOU LIKE A LINE OF CREDIT INCREASE YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT////

Message 39 of 43
Bneathery
Valued Member

I always do online bill pay with my bank and it posts the next day.
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.