Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Blacklist

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Credit One Blacklist

For like the last 6 months I would go monthly to the Credit One site and see if I was prequalfied.  It would alway say I was not prequalified because I had a previous chargeoff with them (2009) . So today I get an email from Credit One saying  "Time Has Passed. Recheck Your Status for a Credit One Credit Card." I was bored so I went back to their site and all of a sudden Im prequalified !!  LOL I never wanted the card but it is nice that they would take me back

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Blacklist

That's one card I wouldn't care if I was blacklisted from. Lol. 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 2 of 7
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:

That's one card I wouldn't care if I was blacklisted from. Lol. 

LOL!!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let the time keep passing lol
Message 4 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Meanmchine wrote:

For like the last 6 months I would go monthly to the Credit One site and see if I was prequalfied.  It would alway say I was not prequalified because I had a previous chargeoff with them (2009) . So today I get an email from Credit One saying  "Time Has Passed. Recheck Your Status for a Credit One Credit Card." I was bored so I went back to their site and all of a sudden Im prequalified !!  LOL I never wanted the card but it is nice that they would take me back

I'm going to be an 'outlier' here and say that I know how you feel.  Smiley Wink

Even if I'm not interesting in getting a particular card, it's nice to at least know that I have the option to do so if I should change my mind... I suspect it's much the same in this case with you.  Smiley Happy

Last year before 5/24 I would hit the Chase site every month or so and see if I was still pre-qualified for Slate and Freedom... I had no interest in getting either, but it was nice to know I could, especially after my past history with Providian/WaMu (assuming the pre-qual was legit, of course).  It did offer me a set APR - the highest - so I figured it was probably being truthful.  Since the 5/24 rule, I've not pre-qualed for anything with them since... LOL.  Smiley Very Happy

Edited to add:  I do the same with the SCT online stores from time-to-time as well... I now get email from stores I'll never shop at just because I wanted to see if I would trigger their 'pop-up'... again, I don't want the card, but it's nice to be 'wanted' by them.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That's an understandable point from a different angle UncB. When you look at it this way, for you to be blacklisted from someone, that means there is or was a problem, which isn't a good thing.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

Credit One should be on YOUR blacklist, OP.  Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.