Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One CLI - $150 - WHOOPIE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One CLI - $150 - WHOOPIE!

Hi all,

I just wanted to give you an update on my situation. I filed CH 7 in March 2009 and it was discharged in July 2009.  I had really good credit before the filing, I just did not have the income to keep making $800 per month payments on card balances that were not decreasing and even though I tried to work with the creditors to get interest reductions, I was not successful. So, I had to do what I had to do. 

Prior to filing, I already had a Chadwicks and Dress Barn account before with $1100/$600 CL's but 0 balances so I did not have to include in my CH 7.  I use these cards for about $50 at a time. Since that time, I have begun the rebuilding process with a NFCU secured card $500 limit obtained in 9/09, Orchard Bank $500 limit unsecured obtained in 10/09, and a Credit One card $300 limit obtained in 9/09. My husband has me on his Walmart card as an AU for $500 limit and I use it to grocery shop but pay if off immediately when I get home. 

Today, I checked my Credit One account and see that I was given a $150 increase in my limit to $450 without me even having to ask. I was pleasantly surprised. Though it is not much, it is a BIG deal for someone in the rebuilding process.  I have used up to $250 of the previous $300 limit twice but paid it off immediately after the purchase. Otherwise, I use $20-$40 each time I use the card and I pay it off immediately. 

Credit One  may not be the best card in the world and I absolutely hate that $5.75/mth fee, but they are giving me a chance. Just wanted to provide some encouragement for others.  

Be blessed!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One CLI - $150 - WHOOPIE!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I just wanted to give you an update on my situation. I filed CH 7 in March 2009 and it was discharged in July 2009.  I had really good credit before the filing, I just did not have the income to keep making $800 per month payments on card balances that were not decreasing and even though I tried to work with the creditors to get interest reductions, I was not successful. So, I had to do what I had to do. 

Prior to filing, I already had a Chadwicks and Dress Barn account before with $1100/$600 CL's but 0 balances so I did not have to include in my CH 7.  I use these cards for about $50 at a time. Since that time, I have begun the rebuilding process with a NFCU secured card $500 limit obtained in 9/09, Orchard Bank $500 limit unsecured obtained in 10/09, and a Credit One card $300 limit obtained in 9/09. My husband has me on his Walmart card as an AU for $500 limit and I use it to grocery shop but pay if off immediately when I get home. 

Today, I checked my Credit One account and see that I was given a $150 increase in my limit to $450 without me even having to ask. I was pleasantly surprised. Though it is not much, it is a BIG deal for someone in the rebuilding process.  I have used up to $250 of the previous $300 limit twice but paid it off immediately after the purchase. Otherwise, I use $20-$40 each time I use the card and I pay it off immediately. 

Credit One  may not be the best card in the world and I absolutely hate that $5.75/mth fee, but they are giving me a chance. Just wanted to provide some encouragement for others.  

Be blessed!

Congratulations!!  What a great news ER_Tech !!   We love to hear success story like this.  It does not matter about how much you got CL, it matters your credit history is getting better.  Keep it up!

Message 2 of 4
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

It has been almost 2 years since the last time CrapOne increased my CL.Smiley Sad The only reason I keep my CO is because they don't charge any fees for out of country purchases.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 3 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

ER_Tech...that is GREAT news!!!  I had that card for nearly 5 years & they never gave me over $100 at a time.

I agree that the monthly fee is a PITA, but I also agree that it's a great rebuilder card.  When no one would give me anything, I got a $300 starting limit from them.  And just about every 6 mos, I'd ask for and receive a $100 boost.

It's all about the rewards...knowing your credit is clean these days & as time goes by, the old baddies get older.  You have a lot to be proud of.

Keep on the same path & we're all here rooting you on!!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.