Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One CLI???

tag
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Credit One CLI???

My receive a call from Credit One Bank, offering a $100 CLI......For $19.95! **bleep**??????

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DanielF
Contributor

Re: Credit One CLI???

Got the same thing. I think the subprime cards have realized a new way to make money. Stop the auto increases and start charging a fee for CLI.

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Message 2 of 7
lithium78
Established Contributor

Credit One started doing that after the CARD Act was passed and they were no longer allowed to charge for online payments.  They seemed baffled that I never took them up on a CLI again after their changed their policy.  (I never paid them for an online payment either.  44 cents for a stamp was much cheaper than $9.95 for the convenience of paying online.)

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jwduke wrote:

My receive a call from Credit One Bank, offering a $100 CLI......For $19.95! **bleep**??????

Thats just so wrong............

Cant wait to axe them in June!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Places like Orchard have been doing this for years.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 7
DanielF
Contributor

All of my CLI from Orchard have been free, even the one I got most recently with a call to CS. CreditOne CLI were automatic and free until this last one where they wanted to charge 19.95. I guess it's another way to make money. First Premeir charges 25 per 100 of the CLI.

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Message 6 of 7
lithium78
Established Contributor

@DanielF wrote:

All of my CLI from Orchard have been free, even the one I got most recently with a call to CS. CreditOne CLI were automatic and free until this last one where they wanted to charge 19.95. I guess it's another way to make money. First Premeir charges 25 per 100 of the CLI.

Yeah, it's not really a common practice even among sub-prime cards.  Orchard Bank, Capital One, and BBRZ MC don't charge for CLIs.  Of course, they don't often give out CLIs either.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.