Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Credit One...CLOSED

I called and after 2 years I told them I would not pay there monthly fee anymore and she put me on hold and then told me she would not waive the fee so I closed the account.

They did not try to save it or anything, she told me that I needed it for rebuilding, I was like after 2 years I think the rebuilding part is over... not completely but like I'm going to discuss that with her.

The $650 CL does nothing for me. 

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Credit One...CLOSED

Congrats! No more monthly fees. No more online payment fees. No more 20-some-odd percent APR. No more AF. You'll come back. Oh, yes, you'll come back.

My card will join yours come this fall.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

that was the last of my "rebuilder" cards I had.

and since Bank of America felt like I was good enough today by graduating my card and giving me CLI I felt like it was time to get rid of them. 

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
74king

Creditaddict wrote:

I called and after 2 years I told them I would not pay there monthly fee anymore and she put me on hold and then told me she would not waive the fee so I closed the account.

They did not try to save it or anything, she told me that I needed it for rebuilding, I was like after 2 years I think the rebuilding part is over... not completely but like I'm going to discuss that with her.

The $650 CL does nothing for me. 

You did the right thing, even if you do take a minor ding. It will be worth it in the long run because their is so much better cards out there. :smileywink:

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares
Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

Congrats CA . . . :smileyhappy:

I have been seeing your posts and am thrilled that you have come so far.  It wasn't long ago that I was in a similar situation and opted to close three cards; Walmart 300; Crap 1  600; and Orchard 500.  I took a small score hit for that but they were going nowhere and were expensive.  After those, I started with store cards; Macys and Best Buy.  My first big CL was Hooters Mastercard - 2800.  After that I got the Macys Visa and Best Buy Visa.  Then it was just a matter of a few short months and I qualified for Discover, BoA Platinum rewards, and Amex Gold Rewards.  My total CL's are now over 50 K and I can qualify for whatever I want (but I'm out of the game until they all have their 1st birthday).

Bottom line . . . . I never regret closing those starter cards and never looked back.

Good luck,

IMA

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
FaircreditguyFL

Nice!!  Good job!
Contributor

I plan on closing my rebuilder cards as well, after I close on my house.  I know by doing that it'll increase my overall util, but I don't care.  They charge AF and the APRs are outrageous.  The only thing holding me back is that of course they happen to be my oldest cards @ 3.5 years.  But the sooner I close them, the less effect it will have on my score.  I think I'm through looking for new credit anyway.  It'll report for 10 years, by then my AAofA will be 6-7 years, so its not that big of deal, I hope :smileyhappy:

BTW, the rebuilder cards are Cap 1(two of 'em) and an HSBC. 

Starting Score: 719
Current Score: 762
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Ulan

Congrats! That sounds like a nice milestone on your way to good credit.
Contributor
NinComPoop

Good for you!  I look forward to the day I put up two similar posts about First Premier & Continental Finance. :smileywink:
Mapleton

Good job!  Don't let those sub prime companies take advantage of you any longer than they have to.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}