Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Card .

tag
cuti
Regular Contributor

Credit One Card .

To whom try to rebuild credit : go to credit one site and try the prequalification, keep try it everyday until they give you the credit card with 17.9 APR , 35 AF and 1% cash back on gas , then apply for it . If you always make the standard payment you dont have to pay any fee . And i know why people with good credit alway look down on this card , but this card is good for people try to rebuild credit history , so please dont yuck yuck when you have 50k credit limit .

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
39Xelor
Established Member

Re: Credit One Card .

Because if you

@cuti wrote:

To whom try to rebuild credit : go to credit one site and try the prequalification, keep try it everyday until they give you the credit card with 17.9 APR , 35 AF and 1% cash back on gas , then apply for it . If you always make the standard payment you dont have to pay any fee . And i know why people with good credit alway look down on this card , but this card is good for people try to rebuild credit history , so please dont yuck yuck when you have 50k credit limit .

Because you can easily get a low tiered capital one card or a secured card to start instead of creditone. Some lenders are very hesitent to lend you additional credit if they see credit one or first premier on your credit report!

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 2 of 30
heygirlhey
Established Member

I agree cuti. I just recently replied to a thread saying the same thing. A lot of people with high limits and prime cards turn their nose up at this card. However, this card when used responsibly is a perfect credit builder. The 1% cash back on gas is instant too which is better than some of the good cards out there,lol. 

This is not a card to keep forever, but if you are rebuilding or establishing credit its a good option if you dont want a secure card.

I will always sing its praises and give people "the other side" since it worked for me. As for lenders not wanting to give you credit if they see CREDIT ONE on your report, I havent run into that issue so I'd take that advice with a grain of salt.

@cuti wrote:

Message 3 of 30
39Xelor
Established Member

@heygirlhey wrote:

I agree cuti. I just recently replied to a thread saying the same thing. A lot of people with high limits and prime cards turn their nose up at this card. However, this card when used responsibly is a perfect credit builder. The 1% cash back on gas is instant too which is better than some of the good cards out there,lol. 

This is not a card to keep forever, but if you are rebuilding or establishing credit its a good option if you dont want a secure card.

I will always sing its praises and give people "the other side" since it worked for me. As for lenders not wanting to give you credit if they see CREDIT ONE on your report, I havent run into that issue so I'd take that advice with a grain of salt.

@cuti wrote:

Any card, when used responsibly can be used to rebuild credit.. So, why not app for a card that has a much better reputation than one whose core is built out of prying on those with less than perfect credit? Yes, I understand why Credit one does what it does. It raises rates and fees to ungodly amounts to obtain as much money from the consumer as possible as fast as possible because the chance that the borrower wont pay it back is higher since they are lending to those with low scores and sometimes multiple derogs etc.. However, You can get much better cards that look "better" on your CR's.. So, why settle for Credit One (Not trying to sound like jerk lol but should we REALLY trust a company whose name is a direct knock off of a legitimate creditors name?) when you can app for much better cards with much better rates and much better reputations. I, do not look down or raise my nose at anybody who chooses to app for credit one.. I simply think that they can do better.. and when I see somebody that can get a better "deal" elsewhere, then I feel the need to speak up!

Message 4 of 30
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@39Xelor wrote:

Because you can easily get a low tiered capital one card or a secured card to start instead of creditone. Some lenders are very hesitent to lend you additional credit if they see credit one or first premier on your credit report!

Yep... my first CC was approved just days after my discharge... a $1000 Cap1 Plat.. that has since changed to a $1500 QS.

The Credit One and First Premier offers went straight into the garbage.

Message 5 of 30
39Xelor
Established Member

@TRC2k13 wrote:

@39Xelor wrote:

Yep... my first CC was approved just days after my discharge... a $1000 Cap1 Plat.. that has since changed to a $1500 QS.

Right where it belongs Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 30
heygirlhey
Established Member

To each his own. I dont think you should knock something just because it isnt FOR YOU. 

The card works for some, so it shouldnt be dismissed for people coming here looking for advice they should know that the card DOES help rebuild credit. It's easy to get, and they give CLI generously. 

The credit one card will help you get a prime card fast if you use it smartly. 

@39Xelor wrote:

@TRC2k13 wrote:

@39Xelor wrote:

Right where it belongs Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 30
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@heygirlhey wrote:

To each his own. I dont think you should knock something just because it isnt FOR YOU. 

The card works for some, so it shouldnt be dismissed for people coming here looking for advice they should know that the card DOES help rebuild credit. It's easy to get, and they give CLI generously. 

The credit one card will help you get a prime card fast if you use it smartly. 

Any CC will help rebuild credit.

My point was there are far better options... assuming you have them available to you.  

Now if you burned Cap1 or something and Credit One is your only option.. then by all means.  I would too... if I had no other option.  But I did... so I didn't.

Message 8 of 30
bobbay
Established Contributor

@39Xelor wrote:

Because if you

@cuti wrote:

I don't think I was treated any different because I had a credit one card...

As for why do people make this choice?  Because you can't rebuild with a denial and some times you need step's.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 9 of 30
39Xelor
Established Member

@bobbay wrote:

@39Xelor wrote:

Because if you

@cuti wrote:

I don't think I was treated any different because I had a credit one card...

You won't be treated different.. but it has been talked about on this forum before where some have called in for a recon and the analyst has noted either First Premier or Credti One in a "not so positive" light.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.