Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Credit Card Fraud

tag
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Credit One Credit Card Fraud

So I just don't know where to start but my moms CC at Credit one not only has fraudulent charges but fraudulent payments. I don't know how they changed her address and charged and made payments. No alerts oveedrafted her account 400 dollars 😡😡. Horrible trying to help her recover. This has traumatized her being retired and all

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One Credit Card Fraud

Sorry to hear. I would imagine a police report would be a good start.

Sounds like the payments were legitimate as far as the bank will see. Meaning they were initiated by an established card account to a linked checking account.

Hopefully the bank and credit card have been notified and things accounts are frozen.

Message 2 of 9
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Thanks Appleman. Yea it truly sucks. I'm glad I'm in the position to help her . I contacted the police and getting a report we called credit one they said they would call and do an investigation. My moms banks gave her documentation for the fraud transactions ugh just horrible I have a card with credit one makes me want to close it right away

Message 3 of 9
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

I'm wondering if I should freeze her credit on all 3 EQ ,TU and EX

Message 4 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear this, OP. Sounds like an extensive identity theft. 

Has Credit One cancelled the card, to create a new card number and issue a new card?

What sort of verifications does Credit One have if a cardholder asks to change address?

Any indication from Credit One if there was a request to send a "replacement" card to this new address?

Hoping this gets resolved quickly. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 9
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

Sorry to hear this, OP. Sounds like an extensive identity theft. 

Has Credit One cancelled the card, to create a new card number and issue a new card?

What sort of verifications does Credit One have if a cardholder asks to change address?

Any indication from Credit One if there was a request to send a "replacement" card to this new address?

Hoping this gets resolved quickly. 

oh thank you.  I am wondering the same.  They have cancelled the card and re-issued one.  I think its simple social and address not a lot. you can place a security code.  you have to ask for a supervisor they really dont go out of the way to provide details

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is terrible. Good luck with the police report.  I would pull all her cb reports and look for new cards  and also freeze them. 

Message 7 of 9
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Yea I got 2 more to freeze Its a lot of stress truly

Message 8 of 9
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Well good news nothing on my moms 3 credit reports and they are all on freeze. Her bank gave her all her money from the fraud payments back. Credit one has done anything to help what so ever. they said up to 90 days i saw comments on the internet the same thing happen to a man and he had to do the work and eventually closed the account. Well they closed my moms's but didnt resissue a card.  The person called changed her address via phone and got a new card mailed to them .  I dont know how this will go but i dont care for their process

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.