Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One... DECLINED!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Credit One... DECLINED!!

WHAT, I fell out of my chair... I had this card for 3 years until late last year when I closed it with a $750 Balance.  That was all while I was in my Ch 13, now I'm done I thought I could apply again and get a higher limit... but instead got instant denial, saying my score was to low for the card program... Can you recon with them?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One... DECLINED!!

I say you sit tight for a little while longer. Credit One denying you is not a good thing. No more wasted inquiries.

Message 2 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I say you sit tight for a little while longer. Credit One denying you is not a good thing. No more wasted inquiries.

That's for sure... I just need to learn to sit on my hands,  I just love applying for things! lol

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse me if I mix you up with someone else, but didn't you already have lots of other credit cards? In that case you might have simply "outgrown" Credit One's customer profile.

Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes I do have pretty extensive amounts of credit with a lot of prime banks. but my high end CL's  over 10k are all joint.  So I'm trying to get in with a good bank on my own (as I say that I can see the problem, because credit one is not a bank to grow old with) lol but anyway.

I applied friday for Wells Fargo secured. if they approve that I PROMISE I will stop applying for anymore credit besides trying to refi my car

Message 5 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

CA, have you been making strides since your appearance on The Suzie Orman Show?  It really smarts to think you'd be applying for poorly suited sub prime products at this point when you already have and can do so much better Smiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 13
Mel2010
Valued Member

Don't know if am in the right  place but I ask Cap One for an increase and was declined when to back door num I have had them for yes and never late and always s pay more then the reg is 500.00 just want a few more $$ to be add on what should I do. Also my son apply for  a CC and was declined why I don't know she has a good  fico and never had a CC before what should about it thanks for any help

Starting Score:EQ:599, TU: 602, 3/4/2010
Current Score:EQ-624,5/2/2010, 633 as of 5/11/2010
New current Score: EQ:638, TU:642 Ex:642 08/07/2010
Goal Score730

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol ... they re not talking bout crap one, they re talking about superbprime CREDIT ONE

your card ( CAPITAL ONE ) is much better, IMO

Message 8 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

CA, have you been making strides since your appearance on The Suzie Orman Show?  It really smarts to think you'd be applying for poorly suited sub prime products at this point when you already have and can do so much better Smiley Sad

yes as far as debt, making huge strides, have paid off over 50k in the last year... however so many of my accounts have been closed as I have been paying them off so I'm kind of starting over in that regards, I don't really need a lot of credit now because I still have a lot more to pay off but wanted to establish something now... I really should not have applied for this or hooters and I need to follow up on my Wells Fargo secured card, that would make me happy and I would stop my madness of applying!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.