Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎02-07-2012
0

Credit One Denied

Hello All!

 

My husband got "pre-approved" with Credit One.

We accepted the offer and when we actually applied he got denied!

 

The reason being is that he already has a card issued by them... but he doesn't. I have a card with them and he is an authorized user on mine.

So my question is - Does Credit One consider an authorized user as a card holder and that is the reason he can't get one his own?

 

Thanks

Rebuilding Mode!
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Credit One Denied


2ndTimeAround2012 wrote:

Hello All!

 

My husband got "pre-approved" with Credit One.

We accepted the offer and when we actually applied he got denied!

 

The reason being is that he already has a card issued by them... but he doesn't. I have a card with them and he is an authorized user on mine.

So my question is - Does Credit One consider an authorized user as a card holder and that is the reason he can't get one his own?

 

Thanks


Consider this as Credit One did him a favor. He really does not want this card, there are other cards out there that does not charge interest as soon as the transaction posts.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
New Member
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎09-23-2012
0

Re: Credit One Denied

Even capital one secured card is better than Credit One. I don't trust companies who try to imitate other company's logo and deceptively try to trick consumers thinking into another thing.

Trust me, they did you a favor by declining.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,680
Registered: ‎12-11-2011
0

Re: Credit One Denied


LS2982 wrote:

2ndTimeAround2012 wrote:

Hello All!

 

My husband got "pre-approved" with Credit One.

We accepted the offer and when we actually applied he got denied!

 

The reason being is that he already has a card issued by them... but he doesn't. I have a card with them and he is an authorized user on mine.

So my question is - Does Credit One consider an authorized user as a card holder and that is the reason he can't get one his own?

 

Thanks


Consider this as Credit One did him a favor. He really does not want this card, there are other cards out there that does not charge interest as soon as the transaction posts.

 


To me credit one is definitely one of those "Gotcha!" CCCs...I think he's better off without it. 

;
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Credit One Denied

OP have you tried Cap1 secured??




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
Posts: 930
Registered: ‎07-30-2011
0

Re: Credit One Denied

Credit One is one of the worst CCs out there.  They aren't worth it, so they did your husband a favor by denying him.


Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Credit One Denied

Credit One did him a huge favor! Not one of the best credit cards out there...I'd look around.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Frequent Contributor
Posts: 331
Registered: ‎08-27-2012
0

Re: Credit One Denied

I was denied by them too! I don't care why though, after reading all the posts on here! 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,266
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
0

Re: Credit One Denied

i just got a pre approval for them for 5k. but through it in the shredder. 

 

at first i was like capital one? and nope. 

 

you can customize cards with a personal photo which is kind of neat. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 3/15 Walmart Fico 684 1/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 5 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 03/23/2015
Over 12 Months:6


2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
15% right now, but going up soon :smileysad:
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6400
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,936
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
0

Re: Credit One Denied


creditnocash wrote:

i just got a pre approval for them for 5k. but through it in the shredder. 

 

at first i was like capital one? and nope. 

 

you can customize cards with a personal photo which is kind of neat. 


That's great and all but they have the nerve to charge $10 for it....at least with CapOne you can do that for free...

 

Scores 1/12/2014: TU FICO: 660 | EQ FICO: 665 | EX AMEX FICO: TBD

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1600 | Target: $700 | J.Crew $9950
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.