Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Disappointment

tag
greent
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit One Disappointment

I don't like credit one bank. I've had them for almost a year always PIF and they only gave me one automatic CLI for 150. When I requested one they said that I hadn't been with them for a year. I am canceling them in August. They report to all CRA. My husband is AU and it reports for him as well. They only allow one AU I wanted to add my sister to bump up her score but they said no. I paid 75 AF. The credit score on their site took 3 months to post. I never got a message about a fee. 

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas4Play wrote:

No avoid fees on the card if you need it for utilization, call on month 11 to close it and they will give you an offer to waive the monthly fee on it for 6 months keep telling them no no no and they will give it to you for 12 months no fees...don't take the pay for limit increase, just wait and be patient and they will offer you 250.00 increase for free.

Also keep in mind there card starts to charge intrest on the purchase date..... there is no grace period, I found it better to push payments to them from my bank instead of logging in and paying it and having it pulled from my bank. They only allow you to make so many payments per month, when you login and pull payments.

Or you could just not use it.

That is great advice! Thank you so much. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@greent wrote:

I don't like credit one bank. I've had them for almost a year always PIF and they only gave me one automatic CLI for 150. When I requested one they said that I hadn't been with them for a year. I am canceling them in August. They report to all CRA. My husband is AU and it reports for him as well. They only allow one AU I wanted to add my sister to bump up her score but they said no. I paid 75 AF. The credit score on their site took 3 months to post. I never got a message about a fee. 

Thank you for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it! I will keep them for the 11 months, and then see where I'm at. I eventually want to get a Barclays card, since they pull TU I need to garden a bit first. FWIW, CreditOne originally approved me for $400, then I logged in to my account one day and the limit showed as $600. I think it is because I made a couple of payments before the statement cut.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas4Play wrote:

No avoid fees on the card if you need it for utilization, call on month 11 to close it and they will give you an offer to waive the monthly fee on it for 6 months keep telling them no no no and they will give it to you for 12 months no fees...don't take the pay for limit increase, just wait and be patient and they will offer you 250.00 increase for free.

Also keep in mind there card starts to charge intrest on the purchase date..... there is no grace period, I found it better to push payments to them from my bank instead of logging in and paying it and having it pulled from my bank. They only allow you to make so many payments per month, when you login and pull payments.

Or you could just not use it.

That has got to hurt, I am really glad I did not ever apply to them when I started my jounrey. That would definetly keep me from using the card at all.

Message 14 of 24
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP, the sooner you are comfortable getting rid of them, the better, imho.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 24
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Honestly, I would just cancel Credit One and not even bother with them. The card is only a month or two older than any other card you have. I doubt it will affect you that much, if at all. That company is worthless. I applied for their card as my first card and when i received the card I called to cancel and close the account even before activating the card. It has never reported as I never used it. 

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree the AF for the card is a sunk cost, and shouldn't be used in your decision making. I have never liked Credit One...They still send me offers, but its better to just close it and move on with some nice cards that you have now. You dont want to forget to close it because life happens and get hit with another AF for a card you hate.

Message 17 of 24
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

IMO pay it off and close it. Now.

You don't need it. You have 2 cards that are much better. You've already taken the HP and as someone else said the card isn't that old so negligible affect to
your AAoA.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate all the advice to just cancel it. I'm pondering it! I just have two questions:  Will it have any impact on my CR to close it so soon? And I just paid the balance...will any interest accrue between the time I initiated the payment and when it is posted?

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

From experience it does report as others have said but it sounds like that CS agent was trying to get you to buy that extra credit report thing they have I think with EX or TU...boloney on their parts from even lying to you to that degree OP. You do get the free score it's a FAKO aka I think that one is the Vantage 3.0 (some lenders may still use but not many I know) the score is like 200 points different than my real Fico now. Defintely as others said if you're rebuilding let it serve it's purpose and cancel before the AF applies and they will try to get you to stay with APR reductions, account credits and waiving the monthly fee (AF will charge monthly broken down after the first year)

Best wishes either way you go, but now you know the score they do give isn't a Fico and it doesn't cost Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.