Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One - Finally Closed!!

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Credit One - Finally Closed!!

I almost shed a tear as I closed my Credit One account.......it was my second credit card behind FP in my rebuild journey and as of today....GONE!!!

Ok, I am over it.....I feel much better now!!! Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit One - Finally Closed!!

Lol on to better things

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Way past due

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 3 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Way past due

Yes it was. I had every intention of doing it long ago but I would forget about it until they zapped me with the $8.95 fee and then I would pay it and forget again....NOT THIS TIME!!! 

*8/10/13
Message 5 of 11
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Way to go!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 6 of 11
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Way to go! I was long over due myself...Not sure what posessed me to keep it for as long as I did. Maybe it was a sentimental attachment, like it showed me where I came from. Today is not a good day for CreditOne, and that doesn't bother me one bit!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 7 of 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@tattooedhusker wrote:

Way to go! I was long over due myself...Not sure what posessed me to keep it for as long as I did. Maybe it was a sentimental attachment, like it showed me where I came from. Today is not a good day for CreditOne, and that doesn't bother me one bit!

LOL same here....It took me all of 0.009 seconds to delete it from my siggy!!

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 11
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

LOL same here....It took me all of 0.009 seconds to delete it from my siggy!!

Felt great to remove it from my spreadsheet as well! One less piddly charge to worry about every month!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 9 of 11
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Somewhere in a land far far away, some rep just lost his job because he could not keep you as a customer.

Good work. Smiley Happy

I HATE CREDIT ONE!!   Its an unnatural hate...but its healthy. Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.