Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One...Merchant Dispute.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One...Merchant Dispute.....

ok, so I used my Credit One CC, to guarentee my Radisson hotel reservation in Santiago, Chile. 

I just got an email alert from Credit One Bank that I am over my CL.  by over 1K!!!!...my limit is only $550...

it turns out that Radisson charged my one night "no show",
(i cancelled the reservation and have confirmation), plus an additional  $1,277.34...?

A called Credit One to dispute, and automated said to call back "during regular business hours". 

I have been keeping my balance near $0..with this card, and was planning to cancel...

Does anyone have any experience disputing a merchant charge with credit one?  or Radisson?

thanks...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One...Merchant Dispute.....

I first suggest you call the hotel and discuss the mistake.  If they have record of your cancelation it would be the easiest and fastest way to correct the issue.  I would also tell the CC that they made a mistake and were crediting it back.  If the hotel won't work with you you'll have to dispute it...and disputes normally come down to the person with the most documentation, so I hope you kept that cancellation #.

P.S. sometimes CC's forget to credit the over limit fee they might have charged so don't let them miss that either.
Message 2 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I agree completely with MinnesotaJ. You should call the hotel and try and work that out with them before disputing with your CC. If they refuse to refund, even with proof, then you should dispute.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 10
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

I was a General Mgr for chain hotels for over 20 yrs. However, I dont have experience in over seas hotels.
The Radisson is a chain hotel, so they should have a corporate office somewhere. You could call or talk to them. I would call the hotel directly first tho, fax or send your cancel  conf. to them. They should credit your account, then it would be up to your ccc to credit the overlimit charges back to you. If it does not work directly, go thru the corp. office. They do not like complaints. If the GM is doing their job, you will get a refund tho.  Good Luck
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, so i  called the hotel directly (in Chile) and they said to call back on Monday (in spanish).....i called customer service for Radisson (CORPORATE US) and "please call back during regular business hours"

So I guess i am on Hold for a few days...

yes, i hope this doesnt DING my CSCORE, with High Balance and over limit fees...

thanks

Message Edited by mymy on 06-08-2008 02:27 PM

Message Edited by mymy on 06-08-2008 02:29 PM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

b
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

mymy wrote:
b

Thought you might be bumping with an update since it's Monday.  Did you call?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is getting stupid, i called CREDIT ONE told them that the i was disputing the charges, i am over limit what should I do? they told me to fill out dispute on back of statement. 

Today, i got a TU alert that EX is reporting, Credit One "bank card over limit" dropping my EX 23 pointsSmiley Mad

meanwhile, Raddison corporate is saying that the amounts "are too high" and they cant credit back...only Hotel can do that, GM says everything is fine and forwarded me a stupid MS spreadsheet...meanwhile i am over my CL by $900...

how can Credit One allow a FORCED authorization by a merchant that is $900 over my CL?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

how can Credit One allow a FORCED authorization by a merchant that is $900 over my CL?

Easy-
By using the original Auth - and submitting it with the new charges- they don't ask for a second auth.
Message 9 of 10
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

If you have a confirmation number for the cancellation you are fine.  Just work with the hotel and get them to put the credit through for the overcharge.  This happens sometimes, and that's why it is important to get the cancellation number.  It's not the end of the world.  Stuff happens.  That's one of the hazards of using CC's, they are open instruments for messed up charging.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.