Did you mean: 

Credit One Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Offer

@SusieQ wrote:

Run far away from Credit One!!!!!!!

Pay off balances and keep one with under 9% utilization.

Keep GWing the baddies, you might get some success still.

I don't get these offers since i burnt them on a C/O years ago Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 25
debtfighter
New Contributor

Dont have any credit cards!
Message 22 of 25
PedrokiPR
Valued Member

@debtfighter wrote:
Dont have any credit cards!

Why is that ? Credit cards helps a lot the FICO Score, having no credit card will hurt one's score. I think that advise if for someone who goes on shopping sprees lol :-) I love credit cards!

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree - dont do it! I got once back in July when i started rebuilding and I wish I hadnt. The fees are ridiculous. I am doing a BT to a NASA CC and getting rid of Credit One.

Try Capital One instead. Even if you get into their Credit Steps program, that CL will grow.

Message 24 of 25
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

I received a Credit One offer and not thinking clearly (I was just excited to have an unsecured card), I applied. I was approved for their $300CL card with a $75.00 AF the first year, which then increases to a $99 AF the second year (billed at $8 monthly). When I received the card I immediately paid off the $75.00 AF and have not used it since. They just rewarded me with a $100.00 CLI so, I now have a $400CL. I have still not used this card as there is no grace period on purchases. Once I use the card, interest starts accruing as soon as the transaction posts to the account!

I plan to keep this card open for a year and then canceling it before that increased annual fee hits. I regret ever opening this card - especially considering I was approved for the CapOne Quicksilver-One card shortly afterwards.

So yeah, I would recommend trashing any offers from Credit One. They are pretty much on the same level as First Premier (who also sends me offers in the mail). Although First Premier's terms are a little worse - I've never even considered opening up an account with them - ever.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.