Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Platinum PreApproved

tag
ds3
Regular Contributor

Credit One Platinum PreApproved

It's been a long road to get back to this point, but I received a preapproval offer from Credit One today. After some deliberation, I decided to go for it, even with the $99 AF, just to help the util a little more. They approved me for $400 to start...every little bit helps.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One Platinum PreApproved

I believe creditors frown upon ultra sub prime co's...couldn't you have gotten the BofA  partially secured CC?

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 2 of 8
ds3
Regular Contributor

Probably...I was just happy to get a non-secured card for a change. I'll keep it for awhile then replace it with something better.

Message 3 of 8
spartanspirit
Contributor

everyone has to start somewhere. i remember when i got my tribute mastercard with a 300 dollar limit, but it came with like a 150 dollar annual fee or something crazy like that. thank goodness i dont use that card anymore, but if it was suppose to be easy, everyone would do it. good luck to you.

Message 4 of 8
DesertLife
Regular Contributor

Congrats! It's all that hard work that will be paying off down the road! Smiley Happy

Started out with a 648 EQ in 2018, finally got to 850 FS8 TU | 836 FSU EX in November 2021!
Message 5 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

They charge interest on everything even on purchase ......no grace period........just charge it one in awhile............

credit one is one of the thing I regret it..........before I came to this forum........I would have some much better

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 8
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Credit One was my second rebuilder card received after Orchard. These two cards kickstarted my rebuilding process and it will do the same for you!

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 7 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.