cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Pre-Approval - Guess where it went?

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Credit One Pre-Approval - Guess where it went?

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got one of their preapproval letter long ago, I was so tempted to apply for it, because I just LOVE coughing up 75 bucks per year to some legal loan shark company.

Exactly! Applying for this card is like swimming with the sharks for the next umpteenth years. Beware buyer. Cat Surprised

He's offer was for $1,500 but imagine the person who gets a measley $300 cl. crazy.

So? It has it's place and if the ONLY bank is them then take it ....Work on improving then drop them 

Or wait for the first national bank offer (fncc SD, legacy visa google and call the bank), which IS a $75 fee, but that's it.  No other problems, liberal cli's, no hidden monthly fees, pay before cut off date if it's your second card, etc)

Its a rebuilder card, nothing more.  Was talking to CS, because these 29.9% cards often get a bad rap.  I have never paid one drop of interest since reentering the world of credit in May 2013.  FNCC CS admits its a builder card.  I trashed the credit one too.  Better to get secured card (even better to get secured card that doesn't report secured), than get credit one.

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got one of their preapproval letter long ago, I was so tempted to apply for it, because I just LOVE coughing up 75 bucks per year to some legal loan shark company.

Exactly! Applying for this card is like swimming with the sharks for the next umpteenth years. Beware buyer. Cat Surprised

He's offer was for $1,500 but imagine the person who gets a measley $300 cl. crazy.

So? It has it's place and if the ONLY bank is them then take it ....Work on improving then drop them 

Or wait for the first national bank offer (fncc SD, legacy visa google and call the bank), which IS a $75 fee, but that's it.  No other problems, liberal cli's, no hidden monthly fees, pay before cut off date if it's your second card, etc)

Its a rebuilder card, nothing more.  Was talking to CS, because these 29.9% cards often get a bad rap.  I have never paid one drop of interest since reentering the world of credit in May 2013.  FNCC CS admits its a builder card.  I trashed the credit one too.  Better to get secured card (even better to get secured card that doesn't report secured), than get credit one.

I agree. Getting a secured MC or Visa is better than giving your hard earned cash to them just to pay their ridiculous annual "maintenance fee" aka annual fee. The dumbest part is the first year it's $75 then the 2nd and beyond is $99.00. WTH!  Cat MadThey are just raping the newbie or rebuilders in credit land. 

At least in a secured card, it's earning interest AND you are building credit without paying a annual shark-loan fee. Smiley Mad

Message 12 of 18
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was visiting my cousin this afternoon and he shares with me a Pre-Approval Offer from Credit One. They are offering him $1,500.00, 24.99% APR, $75.00 (Annual "Maintenance Fees" in the first year - then $99.00 thereafter.)

They even enticed him with a "fake" credit card with his name embossed on it. By the way, how the hell does Credit One get away with their "swoosh" logo looking EXACTLY like Capital One's logo????  Cap-1 should sue their as$es off. Smiley Mad

Anyway, he is so happy for the offer and askd me what he should do -- I walked him to his home office, took the offer from his hand, turned on the shredder and dropped it nto the sharp blades!!!  I then responded: "This is what you do with a Credit One Offer!!!!!!"

Nuff said and we poiured ourselves two glasses of wine.  

Adios Credit One! Smiley Very Happy

Good for you in showing your cousin the shedder in cutting that garage up.  I get them to and i go straight to the shedder as well.  i do not open the envelope I just go to the shedder. 

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 13 of 18
wineman
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was visiting my cousin this afternoon and he shares with me a Pre-Approval Offer from Credit One. They are offering him $1,500.00, 24.99% APR, $75.00 (Annual "Maintenance Fees" in the first year - then $99.00 thereafter.)

They even enticed him with a "fake" credit card with his name embossed on it. By the way, how the hell does Credit One get away with their "swoosh" logo looking EXACTLY like Capital One's logo????  Cap-1 should sue their as$es off. Smiley Mad

Anyway, he is so happy for the offer and askd me what he should do -- I walked him to his home office, took the offer from his hand, turned on the shredder and dropped it nto the sharp blades!!!  I then responded: "This is what you do with a Credit One Offer!!!!!!"

Since I sell wine for a living, this can be a teachable moment for me.  What is the appropriate wine for a crappy credit card app shredding ceremony?  Lol

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wineman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Since I sell wine for a living, this can be a teachable moment for me.  What is the appropriate wine for a crappy credit card app shredding ceremony?  Lol

I prefer anything red. Either a Merlot or Sauvignon.  For Credit One, I'll give you some vinegar with a slice of rotten cheese and stale, soggy crackers. Lol Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 18
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Reading this thread gives me a great idea.  Next time I get some ridiculous 'offer' in the mail I am going to shred the paper and return it in the provided envelope. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wineman wrote:

you should use slogan fo what my dad said "ANY TIME is good time for wine" Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the card for about 9 months now.  In that time I've gone from about 560 to mid 600's in Credit Score.  On-time payments every month, more than the minimum.  I did get a CLI from $300 to $400 (whoopee!) and it helped me get in with Synchrony (Wal-Mart and Amazon) for $1000 combined.  But the minute I'm eligible for a prime card (or Capital One) I'm dropping it like it's hot. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.