tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Pre-qual

Hey, folks! I'll start with my numbers

Equifax: MyFico 605 | Credit Karma: 548

TransUnion: MyFico:578 | Credit Karma: 541

Experian: MyFico: 620 | Credit Karma N/A

So I got a pre-qual from Credit One after answering their pre-qual questions. It just said "Pre-qualified" after I took it. Didn't say credit limit. Did say around 20% interest. So my question is, should I get this card? I currently have Discover IT with a limit of $500. It's going great on places like MyFico where my score started at 540 middle fico and now it's at 605. Should I just keep my Discover card and wait till they increase the limit? Or get a new card in an effort to increase my "available credit"

Thanks for your help community!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Pre-qual

Don't do credit one if it has an annual fee IMO
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got a pre-qual from Credit One after answering their pre-qual questions. It just said "Pre-qualified" after I took it. Didn't say credit limit. Did say around 20% interest. So my question is, should I get this card? I currently have Discover IT with a limit of $500. It's going great on places like MyFico where my score started at 540 middle fico and now it's at 605. Should I just keep my Discover card and wait till they increase the limit? Or get a new card in an effort to increase my "available credit"

No, don't do it.  Credit One is notorious for being one of the worst creditors out there.  You already have a great card in the Discover It.  Just focus on that card and treat it well and within 6 months you can have that limit into the thousands.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wouldn't get tied up with that crappy credit card company, but that's my opinion.
Your better off with a ccd from your local credit union.
BOA also has secured credit cards I believe.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One looks bad on your credit report to underwriter's as well.
They all know how bottom of the barrel that this company is.
They have a very bad reputation !
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only good use of a Credit One card would be to pick up dog caca !
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.