tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Prequalified Offer?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dgates01 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

Given the cards listed in your sig, I can't see why you would go for a Credit One card even with NO AF - these people of pure evil - Sheman LLC, LVNV, et al.

To each their own I suppose.

Because they finally offered me an card with terms like normal CC's. It's that simple. Look at my posts from a year or two ago and you'll see I couldn't stand paying those silly fees of theirs in the past, like charging to make an online payment.

But that's how the game is played. Terrible terms for low credit scores, better ones for better scores.

Except the part where you pay interest on what you put on the card period, not when the statement cuts.

I hear what your saying but some of us have no choice, my credit union secured card won't consider unsecuring it until after 12 months and my secured Capital One does not offer that. The only unsecured cards I have are Walmart and the two baddies: Credit One and First Premier.

That was specifically in response to someone who can already get prime cards.

However, I will always argue that there is another choice - secured, regardless of graduation. You're going to end up closing Credit One & First Premier, because you'll find out how awful they are and want to get rid of them. Saying secured cards that don't offer graduation and will ultimately be closed as a point of inferiority is just incorrect. The fact that it WILL graduate, regardless of the fact that it's a year of being used properly, means it's already WAY BETTER than a predotory lender trap card. 

If you *need* unsecured credit and have *no choice*... I mean that's just a silly thing to say. You don't *need* unsecured credit revolvers. 

Message 51 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dgates01 wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

Given the cards listed in your sig, I can't see why you would go for a Credit One card even with NO AF - these people of pure evil - Sheman LLC, LVNV, et al.

To each their own I suppose.

Because they finally offered me an card with terms like normal CC's. It's that simple. Look at my posts from a year or two ago and you'll see I couldn't stand paying those silly fees of theirs in the past, like charging to make an online payment.

But that's how the game is played. Terrible terms for low credit scores, better ones for better scores.

Except the part where you pay interest on what you put on the card period, not when the statement cuts.

I hear what your saying but some of us have no choice, my credit union secured card won't consider unsecuring it until after 12 months and my secured Capital One does not offer that. The only unsecured cards I have are Walmart and the two baddies: Credit One and First Premier.

That was specifically in response to someone who can already get prime cards.

However, I will always argue that there is another choice - secured, regardless of graduation. You're going to end up closing Credit One & First Premier, because you'll find out how awful they are and want to get rid of them. Saying secured cards that don't offer graduation and will ultimately be closed as a point of inferiority is just incorrect. The fact that it WILL graduate, regardless of the fact that it's a year of being used properly, means it's already WAY BETTER than a predotory lender trap card. 

If you *need* unsecured credit and have *no choice*... I mean that's just a silly thing to say. You don't *need* unsecured credit revolvers. 

I think a point worth adding is, the unsecured card could end up costing you even more than the secured card.  At least wtih the secured card, you get your money back eventually.

Message 52 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, just got an email from Credit One saying I am pre-qualified for a credit line of up to $1500.  Everything seems to be the same except they have waived the activation fee but it is still $75 AF for the first year and $99 for the following years and 23.9% APR which will be charged when purchase and cash advances post.

Sounds not much better.

Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.