Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One-Still Trying to Recruit Me

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Credit One-Still Trying to Recruit Me

So a week after I let my old pre-approved offer from them lapse without accepting it, Credit 1 sends me another fresh pre-appr. offer in the mail today. I guess that means my scores have improved-but not einough to be out of their target market yet-even with a fairly new Discover IT card.. Just curious: Is there anyone out their with slightly above avg. to good credit that still gets offers from them?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit One-Still Trying to Recruit Me

There are folks in the high 700s, with top prime cards,  getting offers from First Premier, and I consider Credit One a better offer.  It happens. Laugh it off, and shred it.  I get them (First Premier), and I'm out of the "secured card" territory,  but I'm humbled by it all because it reminds me of where I was and how I don't want to ever be there again.

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 2 of 5
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Just got another offer from them today.... I'm in the 700 club and have some decent limits. Credit One is actually the only credit card company that has ever sent me an offer. I also do not get pre-approval offers on any websites for Chase, Capital One, Citi, AMEX or any other banks for that matter. They are the only ones who "want" to give me me any credit so I guess I appreciate it, but im not biting.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I've gotten roughly a dozen pre-approvals from CreditOne over the past two years though I'm admittedly nowhere close to gold plated.

Never done anything with them after opening the first thinking it was Cap One; amusement at my own expense. Smiley Happy

        
Message 4 of 5
azguy13
Senior Contributor

My DW was getting offers for Credit One in the mail with a CS of 780. Too bad you can't filter smail mail like email Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.