Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One, Talk me out of it! lol

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One, Talk me out of it! lol

Is Credit One a cheaper rip off of Cap One? there's sites and cards are so similar.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Getting declined by Household has made me mad, I want an approval but have no good reason for it!

I know Credit One will give me card since I just closed them about 6 months ago, but they only offer limits up to $1000, although that would probably be far better than my Sears Solutions MC!

Should I replace that, or add to it, or do nothing? 

I'd say since Credit One recntly AF jacked all their current customers and added the NO GRACE PERIOD, they're a pretty mean company.  I just closed mine and couldn't be happier.  I'm sure you had good reasons to close yours 6 months ago so maybe you should go back to those?  My vote?  Stay as far away as you can!!!  Have you tried Orchard?  I know they have that pre-approval site.  Maybe that would work for you?

Not sure what this is in reference to but I have not had my annual fee or APR raised and still have a grace peiod with Credit One. So I dodnt think it is ALL customers? Unless this is inside information for things that are coming but got a statement the pother day still same fee and interest and grace period still worked.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Getting declined by Household has made me mad, I want an approval but have no good reason for it!

I know Credit One will give me card since I just closed them about 6 months ago, but they only offer limits up to $1000, although that would probably be far better than my Sears Solutions MC!

I'd say since Credit One recntly AF jacked all their current customers and added the NO GRACE PERIOD, they're a pretty mean company.  I just closed mine and couldn't be happier.  I'm sure you had good reasons to close yours 6 months ago so maybe you should go back to those?  My vote?  Stay as far away as you can!!!  Have you tried Orchard?  I know they have that pre-approval site.  Maybe that would work for you?

Not sure what this is in reference to but I have not had my annual fee or APR raised and still have a grace peiod with Credit One. So I dodnt think it is ALL customers? Unless this is inside information for things that are coming but got a statement the pother day still same fee and interest and grace period still worked.

Sorry about that, the changes are happening in 2010.  I believe they said January.  APR wasn't going to change, just the AF and GP.  If you're a "new" customer (less than 6 months) then you might not be lumped in with the rest of us.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I got my card in October and havent recieved any notices yet so they may not have included me or they may not have got around to me yet. I will keep a close eye on EVERYTHING they send to watch out for.
Message 14 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:

Should I replace that, or add to it, or do nothing

This advice is directed solely at you, Creditaddict: Put your fingers in splints before you app Credit One. In the long run (and possibly the short run as well) you will not be happy.
Message 15 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Creditaddict wrote:

Creditaddict, go walk around the block. Then again. Then again. Seriously! This card is junk --you don't want this card, and you know it. You just want someone to welcome you in.

You have got to conquer this addiction to getting new credit, even when it's crap credit. It's destroying what you do have. I am really worried about you, and there's not a single thing that anyone else can do --it has to come from you. Smiley Sad I hope you've already decided to leave it be.

In your head, you know that sticking with what you have and handling it right is exactly what you need to do. The time will return when you can start getting credit in your own name again. This just isn't the time.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Creditaddict, go walk around the block. Then again. Then again. Seriously! This card is junk --you don't want this card, and you know it. You just want someone to welcome you in.

You have got to conquer this addiction to getting new credit, even when it's crap credit. It's destroying what you do have. I am really worried about you, and there's not a single thing that anyone else can do --it has to come from you. Smiley Sad I hope you've already decided to leave it be.

In your head, you know that sticking with what you have and handling it right is exactly what you need to do. The time will return when you can start getting credit in your own name again. This just isn't the time.
Your so sweet hauling, consider it closed! Maybe I need to freeze all my reports, that kept me from having any inq on EX for a year 

Message 17 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I agree that you should wait.  I just closed my Cr One acct about one month ago.  It was a great rebuilder for a while, but got the annual fee increase letter in late Nov.  Called & cancelled card.  I didn't notice any gp changes, I hadn't gotten past the AF!!

You have some credit.  Use it wisely & work on repairing any negative issues with your reports.  Soon enough, you will have the reports & scores you need to get a good cc at a reasonable rate!!

Hauling wrote: "Creditaddict, go walk around the block. Then again. Then again. Seriously! This card is junk --you don't want this card, and you know it. You just want someone to welcome you in."  <---- Great advice!!!!!  She's not a MOD with a gazillion posts for nothing.  

We all want to see everyone suceed here & we won't steer ya wrong!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.