Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Visa change in terms

tag
TigerCat
Valued Member

Credit One Visa change in terms

Just got this in the mail today effective January 2010. They are raising the A/F to $99.00 and no grace period for purchases! I've had this card for almost 3 years now and have never been late with them or anyone else. And I always PIF with everybody. My EQ stands at 684 as of today.

Time to say so long to Credit One.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit One Visa change in terms

I've had this card almost four years now(cl1500) and received a change of terms this past january,so this month's statement I received another change of terms effective this coming january and my answer when i called ....."close this account immediately"...I have a zero balance and for sure they will see a lot of  account closing request.
Message Edited by moonman on 11-19-2009 05:52 PM
Message 2 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I haven't rec'd my bill yet, but when I do....I'll close it as well & they will owe me 3.50.  I'd already pif'd + $10. to cover 6.50 fee.

Sayonara!  Even tho this is my oldest open credit line, I'll keep the history for many more years, so I could care less.

**hey moonman....You called them & they told you to close it immediately??!!   Interesting...

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 6
moonman
Frequent Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

I haven't rec'd my bill yet, but when I do....I'll close it as well & they will owe me 3.50.  I'd already pif'd + $10. to cover 6.50 fee.

Sayonara!  Even tho this is my oldest open credit line, I'll keep the history for many more years, so I could care less.

**hey moonman....You called them & they told you to close it immediately??!!   Interesting...

Sorry      let me rephrase what happened.....when i called customer service the first words that came out of my mouth was "close this account immediately"before they said anything. i just wanted the account closed without hearing their "ridiculious" change of term explanation.

Message 4 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

HE HE HE HE....Gotcha!!!  Smiley Very Happy
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

My only AF (as of today Smiley Happy) is $20 on my Cap 1 card. Until last year they had always waived the fee and for $20 I'll keep it. It's my oldest card at 12 years but I will also cancel this without a second thought if the AF goes to such an outrageous amount.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.